Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adelaide store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where will the Adelaide Supercharger be then?

Probably a similar format to the Brisbane store - combined showroom, service centre and supercharger site.

Is there a suitable region in the city that fits the model used elsewhere (i.e. on major road, just out of the CBD)?

My guesses would be:
Adelaide City Council area: DA search
City of West Torrens: DA search

Worth pointing out that Adelaide itself doesn't appear on Tesla's 2017 supercharger map, so I wouldn't expecting anything until next year.

Last edited:
Pop-up store:

Tesla targets South Australia market, with new Adelaide store

Tesla has identified South Australia as its next Australian target market, a move the company says was motivated by increased local interest in its Model S and X electric vehicles, and the state government’s well-demonstrated commitment to renewable energy.

The US EV and battery maker said on Wednesday it had opened a pop up store in Adelaide’s Rundle Mall, pictured below, to showcase the recently launched Model X, offer test drives for both the Model S and X, and to display the latest iteration of the Tesla Powerwall home battery unit.

And at the end..

Up next for the state will be a Tesla Service Centre, when a suitable location is found. This will also include a Tesla Store, along with sites for future Supercharger stations.

I guess this means they like the combination of one "store-only" and one "service centre/store/supercharger" per major city? I thought the Brisbane shopping centre one (Chermside?) might have closed after their Fortitude Valley site is open but it looks like they could keep both.

It seems that Tesla may have identified a site for it's new permanent Adelaide store. I hear that it will be on the northern side of town in an area with attractive neighbouring cafes and shopping district so the possible sites I think would include North Adelaide and Prospect Rd. For now, the Adelaide Myer pop-up store is a reasonable alternative if you want to check out the Model X. It is on the ground floor of the Myer Store right down the North Terrace end. There are supposed to be HPWC being installed in the Myer carpark but they are not there yet. The pop-up has a RHD demo 7 seater X on the floor and a demo Powerwall to look at (Powerwall looks great - compact and stylish). They don't have a Model S on the floor. The staff product knowledge was variable (nice and friendly but some were definitely below the level of a Tesla owner or even well read Telsa researcher). I did get a fantastic test drive experience in a Model X90 7 seater with AP2 and 8.1 update which was nice.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
So, many months down the track and Tesla is still using the pop up in MYER Adelaide as its "showroom". Now that the Franklin St Supercharger is in construction it would make sense to place the retail store nearby. There is a fair amount of vacant realestate in this area so lots of options. Has anyone heard any more news about an Adelaide retail site?

Hi BenT. Had my model s 100D delivered 2 weeks ago and I asked the 2 guys who delivered the car this very question. They weren't aware of where or when a dedicated showroom/service store was going to happen.
Congratulations on the new 100D. I am sure you will love it.
Yes. I spoke to some Tesla staff at the Adelaide SC open and at Hornsdale and got the same response about an Adelaide retail store. Unfortunate. Either they are playing their cards very close to their chest or there is no plan. There is lots of empty real estate around the Franklin St SC site which would be a natural place to think of putting a store. In the meantime i think there is another pop up Tesla stand at the Marion shopping centre.
Tesla were very cagey about their sales numbers in Adelaide. I dont think they have been as good as the Eastern states. I see a few Model S driving around in the wild but Model X are still like hen's teeth.