TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Adelaide store

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by mhh, Feb 21, 2017.

1. mhh

mhh Member

I notice Tesla is advertising for retail showroom staff for Adelaide. Great to see...

• Informative x 2
  2. BenT

BenT Member

Where will the Adelaide Supercharger be then?

3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

#3 Chuq, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Probably a similar format to the Brisbane store - combined showroom, service centre and supercharger site.

Is there a suitable region in the city that fits the model used elsewhere (i.e. on major road, just out of the CBD)?

My guesses would be:
    Adelaide City Council area: DA search
    City of West Torrens: DA search

Worth pointing out that Adelaide itself doesn't appear on Tesla's 2017 supercharger map, so I wouldn't expecting anything until next year.

4. BenT

BenT Member

I think Mile End works well. Close to
    city and on both the north south and east west axis.

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Pop-up store:

Tesla targets South Australia market, with new Adelaide store

And at the end..

I guess this means they like the combination of one "store-only" and one "service centre/store/supercharger" per major city? I thought the Brisbane shopping centre one (Chermside?) might have closed after their Fortitude Valley site is open but it looks like they could keep both.

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

I met the new Ranger Tech who'll be supporting Adelaide. Nice chap.
    I can't remember his name because I kept mentally referring to him as Aragorn (another ranger).

• Funny x 2
  7. BenT

BenT Member

So is the Adelaide MYER pop up open? What cars do they have? Model X 6 seater? Has anyone done an Adelaide test drive?

8. BenT

BenT Member

It seems that Tesla may have identified a site for it's new permanent Adelaide store. I hear that it will be on the northern side of town in an area with attractive neighbouring cafes and shopping district so the possible sites I think would include North Adelaide and Prospect Rd. For now, the Adelaide Myer pop-up store is a reasonable alternative if you want to check out the Model X. It is on the ground floor of the Myer Store right down the North Terrace end. There are supposed to be HPWC being installed in the Myer carpark but they are not there yet. The pop-up has a RHD demo 7 seater X on the floor and a demo Powerwall to look at (Powerwall looks great - compact and stylish). They don't have a Model S on the floor. The staff product knowledge was variable (nice and friendly but some were definitely below the level of a Tesla owner or even well read Telsa researcher). I did get a fantastic test drive experience in a Model X90 7 seater with AP2 and 8.1 update which was nice.

• Like x 1
  9. BenT

BenT Member

So, many months down the track and Tesla is still using the pop up in MYER Adelaide as its "showroom". Now that the Franklin St Supercharger is in construction it would make sense to place the retail store nearby. There is a fair amount of vacant realestate in this area so lots of options. Has anyone heard any more news about an Adelaide retail site?

10. Spur1882

Spur1882 New Member

Hi BenT. Had my model s 100D delivered 2 weeks ago and I asked the 2 guys who delivered the car this very question. They weren't aware of where or when a dedicated showroom/service store was going to happen.

11. BenT

BenT Member

Congratulations on the new 100D. I am sure you will love it.
    Yes. I spoke to some Tesla staff at the Adelaide SC open and at Hornsdale and got the same response about an Adelaide retail store. Unfortunate. Either they are playing their cards very close to their chest or there is no plan. There is lots of empty real estate around the Franklin St SC site which would be a natural place to think of putting a store. In the meantime i think there is another pop up Tesla stand at the Marion shopping centre.
    Tesla were very cagey about their sales numbers in Adelaide. I dont think they have been as good as the Eastern states. I see a few Model S driving around in the wild but Model X are still like hen's teeth.