Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adhesive for Dashboard lights

nyxynyx

Jun 30, 2021
Boston
What is a good adhesive (best if available from Amazon) that can be used to stick the 3mm-wide part of the light strip to the dashboard? The one that comes with the my light strip kit is reported to br too weak for the curved surface of the dashboard its sticking to. It should still be removable in the future without damaging the surface.

Will 3M acrylic plus work? 3M VHB seems to be permanent.

Thanks!

1629727037321.png

Last edited:

nyxynyx

Jun 30, 2021
Boston
I used 3M VHB and it has stayed stuck. I was also able to remove it without damaging the dashboard at all.
Thanks, think I will try 3M VHB. Cant find the 0.25" one, maybe get the 0.5" instead and trim off half the width.

How did you remove the 3M VHB tape from the dash?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC