Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adhesive on glass roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just picked up yesterday and i noticed a few spots where there was adhesive left on the glass sunroof. i was running way behind so i didn't bother with having the SC take care of it.

I searched the forums for a good solution to clean this but didn't find any. Anybody had the same issue? I don't want to use windex (my tint guy said don't)...goo gone too abrasive? warm soap and water? Thanks for the tips!!!

just picked up yesterday and i noticed a few spots where there was adhesive left on the glass sunroof. i was running way behind so i didn't bother with having the SC take care of it.

I searched the forums for a good solution to clean this but didn't find any. Anybody had the same issue? I don't want to use windex (my tint guy said don't)...goo gone too abrasive? warm soap and water? Thanks for the tips!!!
Goo gone shouldn’t hurt glass. You’ll want to use an ammonia free glass cleaner to get that stuff off though. (Stoners invisible glass is great, or I often use spray away)

Reactions: bigroo42
On a brand new car, I would recommend also to clean the INSIDE of the front windshield.
When facing the sun, I noticed four darker square spots near each corner,
certainly caused by the robot holding the windshield during manufacturing.
Also the windshield was a little greasy and slightly opaque.
After cleaning both sides of it, it was like if there was no windshield at all.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy