Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjacent cars jump around in display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a loaner (hardware V2 or 2.5, I guess) MS 75D while my car is being serviced. I noticed that adjacent car representations on the dashboard display, especially while stopped at a traffic light, rotate in 30º jumps left and right, sometimes even rotating 360º in 30º jumps.

It is an Enterprise rental, so not my problem, but I wonder if this is a common phenomenon?

Tesla really needs to do some motion smoothing of objects, and filter out physically impossible movement, like spinning cars.

You know, basic UI stuff. They don't put much effort into the simple stuff.

I got a loaner (hardware V2 or 2.5, I guess) MS 75D while my car is being serviced. I noticed that adjacent car representations on the dashboard display, especially while stopped at a traffic light, rotate in 30º jumps left and right, sometimes even rotating 360º in 30º jumps.

It is an Enterprise rental, so not my problem, but I wonder if this is a common phenomenon?

Search for “dancing cars.” It’s definitely common. It’s kind of fun to watch them twirl around while waiting at the stop light. ;)

Jumping Cars
Submitted by agrawala on August 30, 2019
I took delivery of Tesla Model S on August 24, replacing my 2016 Tesla S.

As I was waiting at a traffic light I noticed that the display on the instrument panel showed the cars behind me jumping around.

Here is a video I took at the time.