Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjust door handles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we all know about the fit and finish issues. I took delivery anyway as I got a demo model at a discount. Anyway, is there any "EASY" way to adjust the door handle locations? One is recessed and not flush. I took pics but it is hard to see from them.

Attachments

• 20200311_141501.jpg
    20200311_141501.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 1,171
So we all know about the fit and finish issues. I took delivery anyway as I got a demo model at a discount. Anyway, is there any "EASY" way to adjust the door handle locations? One is recessed and not flush. I took pics but it is hard to see from them.
going to need a better angle on that handle. i see no fitment issues, only a distraction by the vinyl.

Let us know if you find something good. Three of our handles are nice and flush with the door itself. One is off just a tiny angle. It has zero impact on function, but now and then I feel like fixing it, but haven't invested the time to figure out how. Good luck!

For those who are wondering, I have managed to have a look at the service manual for the door handle and it is not a simple job, but it's not too difficult either. Door card has to come off, trim on top of the door has to come off, window has to come out, window regulator assembly has to come out. Then you can access the handle assembly, it is held on with 3 nuts on studs. Each mounting point can have up to 2 washers on it for adjustment. My guess is if the handle is sticking into the door too much then there are too many shims maybe? So you can remove one?

If it was one of my other cheaper out of warranty cars I would just do this myself, but I feel like you can quite easily snap a clip, lose a shim etc so maybe best leaving this for SC when they reopen from lockdown.