TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Adjustable Camber Bolts?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by sorka, May 13, 2016.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

Does Tesla have an adjustable camber bolt now for the rear? My left rear camber is -2.2 and I'd like to bring it closer to the 1.6 that my right side is at.

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Alternatively, shims, adjustable upper links, or upper links made to slightly longer lengths to reduce negative camber.

3. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

I believe there are offset bolts which may give enough of a change. BBC Speed & Machine builds the adjustable upper links, but Joe's out of them for about 8 weeks.

-1.6 is not what lolachamp car uses. (-1)

• Dislike x 1
  4. sorka

sorka Active Member

Sure, but my tire wear has been fine and -1.6 is on the lower side of the -1.75 spec.

5. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

That's all very nice. You must have 19".

• Dislike x 1
  6. sorka

sorka Active Member

I have both. Recently got 21s to add to my set of 19s. That's why I went in for the alignment because I know the 21s are more susceptible to bad alignment. But nearly every performance oriented car I've ever owned has been in the -1.5 range for rear camber and I've never had an issue with tire wear at that angle provided that toe isn't too positive. That said, the MS has the highest positive rear total toe spec of any car I've ever had.