Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjustable rear camber links and tire rotation result in perfectly even tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my car was in for the door handle fix and LTE install my SC also did some of the standard service checks, including tire wear. Here are the results:

-Measured tire tread depth at:
(Outer) (Center) (Inner)
LF: 7/32 7/32 7/32
RF: 7/32 7/32 7/32
LR: 7/32 7/32 7/32
RR: 7/32 7/32 7/32

Thus is perfectly even tire wear and I'm a pretty aggressive driver. I'm sure this is a result of three things:

1. My adjustable rear camber links which enabled setting the rear camber to avoid excessive wear (my rear camber is set to -1.00)
2. Rotating the tires on a regular schedule
2. Meticulously maintaining tire pressures

These are readings for the 245/40R-20 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus XL tires, which now have about 10,000 miles on them and have been rotated twice.

Hey Lighted T-Man :biggrin:

Glad to hear your door is fixed (YEAH!) and great news on your beautiful 20 wheel/tire wear! I am completely flummoxed that more "21" owners haven't followed yours and champs lead on extending/doubling tire service life of very expensive (to me) tires AND moving away from the heavy, low-performance, damage prone, alignment sensitive, expensive, GORGEOUS, "rapper" 21's.

Shucks! With ALL your wiring and suspension mods, you have easily beaten me on the number of SC waivers you've signed :biggrin:.

btw, I am replacing my orig 50,500 mile 21 Conti's today having deployed "fixed" instead of "adjustables" since '13

BBC Speed & Machine in NJ adjustable
Chris1howell fixed high-strength I-beam (discontinued?)

Disclaimer: the use of any Tesla non-approved part(s), not following manufacture specifications nor recommendations can lead to personal injury, property damage, and death.

Last edited:
now I'm at 76,562 miles and I've always had even wear on both my sets without the adjustable rear camber links and without rotating tires on a regular mileage schedule. The *only* thing I do is maintain tire pressure. and i'm pretty sure i'm probably a more aggressive driver than almost everyone else. lol regarding my tire rotation, i always rotate first within 6k miles and from there on out only when the rear treads go down at 4/32" intervals which ends up being like every 12k-20k miles. or maybe i'm just lucky with perfect alignment or something.

yogi bear :biggrin::biggrin:

your 19's with a 1" taller/more compient sidewall along with typically higher UTQG ratings make a HUGE difference here as they can tolerate more deviation from zero toe and zero camber.

edit: 1/2" taller than Lighted T-Man and 1" taller than me

Last edited:
I end up with nails in mine somehow... TWO in < 10,000 miles?! I've never had any issues BEFORE my Model S.... maybe the lack of an engine doesn't scare the nails away...

So anyway, Yea I'd like to avoid tirewear too...

Well, it's been a while since I've seen any posts on negative camber and links. Maybe I quit looking after fixing mine.
@Artsci, your tread depths are identical to my Michelin Pilot Sports at 10k last spring when the contactors were replaced. Huge improvement with the adjustables at -1 vs. -2.4 (need to see if BBC S&M is still taking the cores back). One thing you didn't mention is the ~20% reduction in W/mile! The car rolls like it's on rails now. I'll be signing that waiver at the next annual service!

Well, it's been a while since I've seen any posts on negative camber and links. Maybe I quit looking after fixing mine.
@Artsci, your tread depths are identical to my Michelin Pilot Sports at 10k last spring when the contactors were replaced. Huge improvement with the adjustables at -1 vs. -2.4 (need to see if BBC S&M is still taking the cores back). One thing you didn't mention is the ~20% reduction in W/mile! The car rolls like it's on rails now. I'll be signing that waiver at the next annual service!

Yes, service won't do an alignment with the camber links on the car. But I have it aligned locally any way. Frankly I get a better job from my guy.

The general consensus in all the threads I've read so far seem to be -1.00 rear camber, but I haven't found a general consensus on rear toe. Does anyone know what is best practice here with adjustable links?