Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjustable Rear Control Arms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe adjustable arms are needed for the Model 3 because once you start changing the length of the suspension components you can cause more harm than good. Where these would be beneficial is the bushings appear to be sealed and therefore will have less deflection under hard cornering and will increase stability. SPL & Mountain Pass Performance make good sets too.

I don't believe adjustable arms are needed for the Model 3 because once you start changing the length of the suspension components you can cause more harm than good. Where these would be beneficial if the bushings appear to be sealed and therefore will have less deflection under hard cornering and will increase stability. SPL & Mountain Pass Performance make good sets too.
Thanks for that information. But it doesn't really tell me what they do.

This allows you to adjust the alignment. I think factory only allow toe adjustments. This will allow you to adjust camber that is needed after installing lowering springs.

The price is still so high though.

Kind of. These allow more adjustments and possible go more negative camber for track. I'm more interested in it to get a more neutral camber. I'm getting inside tire wear after lowering my car. There is no way to adjust camber without using aftermarket parts. I haven't seen camber adjustment for the front though.

I think it's crazy how expensive these are. It's basically just a rod that you can shorten and lengthen. I guess it's paying for the R&D.

We may be talking about two different types of control arms. A rear control arm, as radlaw asked about is not used to adjust the rear camber. You would use a rear camber arm for that. I answered his question referring to rear control arms, which you should not adjust even if you lower your vehicle. If you need to adjust camber, only do so using the camber arms. The rear camber arms are very different and they do come in handy after you lower the vehicle to get the right amount of negative camber in the rear. The rear camber is not adjustable with factory camber arms.

Yup. Camber and toe arms are what you need.
15B5338F-84D2-48F6-AB74-403D77C00E6A.jpeg