Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjustable Seat belts in Model S from now on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that a new version of the Model S manual was published. There is a new section in the manual describing "To Adjust the Shoulder Anchor Height" that was not there in the previous version.

Is this an error in the manual or have Tesla added adjusted seat belts to recent produced cars? Anyone with a new Model S that can confirm?

It would be great with this new feature in the S since both the X and 3 got it already.

Here is a screen dump from the manual that shows the new section and describes how to adjust the seat belt height
Model S Belts.png

I took delivery of a new MS P100D on 12/22/17 and have the same nonadjustable style seatbelt as earlier versions. There is no means to adjust the shoulder anchors on my recently produced car.

Thanks for input! Do you know when your car is built? Maybe this change took place just recently e.g. cars build from december and onwards, or that it is a change for MY18?

Adjustable seat belt height is something Tesla should add ASAP. When I bought my Model S, I traded in a 2004 Lexus LS430 which had a button for electric seat belt adjustment. My wife is always complaining about the seat belts.

Especially considering the Model X has them since late 2015... when it first came out!!!

And S and X vehicles are built under the same platform :rolleyes:.
Tesla makes little sense with some of the decisions. The X is now the only Tesla model with terrible headlights as the only option regardless of trim level, - ironic given it’s the most expensive Tesla you can now buy.

I use these to help change the angle. They work but feels like the plastic will snap at some time. I am looking at the metal ones. (affilate link: https://amzn.to/3QS3jYu) The device snaps onto the belt across the lap and remains there after you release the belt. When you snap in the belt you slip the shoulder belt into the slot. You do not have to place it every time. and it is unobtrusive if another person uses the belt but does not need the adjuster.
001.JPG