Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjustable Seat belts in Model S from now on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use these to help change the angle. They work but feels like the plastic will snap at some time. I am looking at the metal ones. (affilate link: https://amzn.to/3QS3jYu) The device snaps onto the belt across the lap and remains there after you release the belt. When you snap in the belt you slip the shoulder belt into the slot. You do not have to place it every time. and it is unobtrusive if another person uses the belt but does not need the adjuster. View attachment 844676
This is a terrible idea. In a frontal crash, the little clip will immediately snap and then the belt will be too loose to be effective. Expect the occupant's head to hit the steering wheel / dash if these are used. As well, as soon as the clip snaps, the belt will move to wherever it otherwise would, so it really won't help with any neck concerns in the situations where it matters (i.e. a frontal crash). It really is a shame that products like this are even offered for sale.