Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusted Price Reduction vs Final invoice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a TMX 75D a week back. Fully loaded X75D with all trims except "ability to drive on its own". After finalizing my order I got a purchase contract to my email. The purchase contract reflects the price as specified in the Design Studio.

However when viewing my details under mytesla.com "View spec" I see that I have a new line in my invoice stating "Adjusted Price Reduction" with a discount of approx 8000$. In other words my car is now 8000$ lower than my purchase contract.

Is this just an error on Teslas part or could i actually expect this discount when my final invoice arrives (prior to taking delivery in Nov/Dec)

Thanks for any input.

Labbetuss

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a TMX 75D a week back. Fully loaded X75D with all trims except "ability to drive on its own". After finalizing my order I got a purchase contract to my email. The purchase contract reflects the price as specified in the Design Studio.

However when viewing my details under mytesla.com "View spec" I see that I have a new line in my invoice stating "Adjusted Price Reduction" with a discount of approx 8000$. In other words my car is now 8000$ lower than my purchase contract.

Is this just an error on Teslas part or could i actually expect this discount when my final invoice arrives (prior to taking delivery in Nov/Dec)

Thanks for any input.

Labbetuss
They may have dropped the price due to overall pricing adjustment made to the website after your order was placed. This has happened a few times and others have noted the adjustment.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any input.

Labbetuss

This has been fairly common recently it seems and could speak to changes happening at the plant. It happened to me when I ordered an in stock 90D that was being shipped (different scenario as it seems you ordered new production). They dropped the price $4000 during transport, as all of the 90D prices seemed to drop again (after I agreed to a price and put a deposit down). They honored the dropped price. When I asked the sales employee about it he had no clue and wasn't confident I would get the lower price. It seems Tesla controls the pricing and make adjustments regardless of the individual sales center agreements.

I would suspect that if it's reflected on your my Tesla page they will honour it (my experience). The downside may be that you aren't getting a new feature or some hardware, but I'm not certain on this.

My experience with getting the additional discount is still a bit shocking. I'm confident that I'd never have received the discount after the fact from a traditional car dealership.

Speaks to Tesla truly being different and running a technology company over a car dealership.

This has been fairly common recently it seems and could speak to changes happening at the plant. It happened to me when I ordered an in stock 90D that was being shipped (different scenario as it seems you ordered new production). They dropped the price $4000 during transport, as all of the 90D prices seemed to drop again (after I agreed to a price and put a deposit down). They honored the dropped price. When I asked the sales employee about it he had no clue and wasn't confident I would get the lower price. It seems Tesla controls the pricing and make adjustments regardless of the individual sales center agreements.

I would suspect that if it's reflected on your my Tesla page they will honour it (my experience). The downside may be that you aren't getting a new feature or some hardware, but I'm not certain on this.

My experience with getting the additional discount is still a bit shocking. I'm confident that I'd never have received the discount after the fact from a traditional car dealership.

Speaks to Tesla truly being different and running a technology company over a car dealership.

Thanks alot for your thoughts on the matter. I guess there isnt much i can do other than to wait for the final invoice arrives. If they honor the discount I would be really impressed (its one heck of a band-aid after all the trouble i had with my early Model S!)

Reactions: pilotSteve
My Spec sheet shows the base price of the car with the federal tax credit considered. My order sheet from the design study didn't. $7,500 difference, but the same in reality.
My Spec sheet just updated a few days ago to reflect a $3500 showroom discount which corresponds to the Model X 100Kwh battery price reduction. I'm assuming this is done this way for accounting reasons.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any input.

Labbetuss

I received a similar discount, 9,600 CAD when I picked up my car from inventory

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy
Labbetuss, could you please provide a bit more information? I ordered an inventory car (Norway) last Sunday and four days later I discovered a huge price reduction (over 100.000 NOK). Yesterday I saw that the price had been reduced by an additional 40.000 NOK. I've talked to Tesla about this as my Final Invoice still reflects the original price from the day when I placed the order. I've been told that the price reductions are most likely a mistake and that I should expect to pay the original price.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any input.

Labbetuss

I received the August 1. $3000 price reduction. How did you get $8,000? It may be because of your location and currency. Please post your View Sec document.

I can give you my numbers while you wait.

Placed order, total cost was $145.500.

Four days later I had an adjusted price reduction of $14.200, new price on My Spec was $131.300. Talked to my local sales advisor, everything looked good. Final Invoice still said $145.500, but he said they would correct it closer to the date of delivery. If not I should just contact him.

Another four days pass and my adjusted price reduction is increased to $19.500. My new total is $126.000. (I do see that this new price reduction equals about $5.000, which is the amount Tesla adjusted the P100D on August 1.)

This is all on top of an initial showroom discount of $23.750, but this isn't a real number. If I configure the exact same car today I get a total cost of $154.500, so I've been given a $9.000 discount when I first placed the order.

Talked to Tesla today and they tell me that all of my adjusted price reduction is an error as far as they can tell, and that I should expect to pay $145.500 for the car. It's all just a mess at the moment.

Labbetuss, could you please provide a bit more information? I ordered an inventory car (Norway) last Sunday and four days later I discovered a huge price reduction (over 100.000 NOK). Yesterday I saw that the price had been reduced by an additional 40.000 NOK. I've talked to Tesla about this as my Final Invoice still reflects the original price from the day when I placed the order. I've been told that the price reductions are most likely a mistake and that I should expect to pay the original price.

Hello! I have not got the final invoice yet, so it may all be a mistake. Delivery of the X75D is scheduled in november/desember some time. Im just trying to find out whether its all an error or if I can expect the level of discount So: I guess it may all be a mess... but I guess it can also be some sort of central price decrease based on currency or something (that will be published in the Norwegian Design Studio later on)

Here's what I've just discovered. If I add up all the numbers on the My Spec-page and subtract the adjusted price reductions I've been given after the order was placed I get the exact same price as if I'd designed the car myself (identical options) and then gotten the $5000 reduction they said were coming on August 1 on top of that. This is probably the correct total price. (My car is a new one, it's on some ship right now).

When I placed the order I had a Showroom Discount of 185.000 kroner. This is wrong I think, and shouldn't be there at all. So the total given on the inventory page as I placed the order was wrong, the new total should be about 33.000 kroner above that. (Total adjusted price reduction is 152.000 kroner).

Any update on this from any members? Have the additional discounts been honoured?

FYI - in the same position, received two discounts weeks apart - first was a "Showroom Discount" of 10k then a few weeks later another 10k discount showed up titled "Adjusted Price Reduction", totalling 20k in discounts.

For reference, this is brand new order (not inventory) and vehicle is currently "in production". This seems make my brand new order cheaper than all the inventory models..

We had ordered an inventory 90d which initially came with a $18700 discount. After they changed the premium upgrades option components and pricing in July, the view spec link on the my Tesla page showed a further discount of 2400 bringing the discount to around 21k. They honored this higher discount when I picked up the car last week.

Reactions: pilotSteve
We had ordered an inventory 90d which initially came with a $18700 discount. After they changed the premium upgrades option components and pricing in July, the view spec link on the my Tesla page showed a further discount of 2400 bringing the discount to around 21k. They honored this higher discount when I picked up the car last week.

Thanks Sach

Can you clarify whether the 18700 discount was added to your order after you placed it? Or prior, at time of ordering?

18700 was at time of ordering, the 2400 was after my order was confirmed and I had received the purchase contract with only a 18700 discount. When I signed the final purchase agreement last week and took delivery, they included the additional 2400 discount.

Fwiw, I never asked Tesla about the additional 2400 discount even after it showed up on the view spec link.

I think this is the way to go to be honest. Just shut the **** up about it and see what they do when you're picking up the car. If they don't honor the discount you start asking questions.

Unfortunately for me I've already asked them. They've made a case on the car and are waiting for some über-boss in the Netherlands to make a decision. Elon van der Musk.

My car arrives at my local service center on Monday and expected delivery is next Monday. I will let you know what happens as soon as I know.

Yes, I agree. I had taken screen shots of the view spec page to show them in case they changed the link later and didn't have the additional discount when taking delivery. I figured I would have more leverage to argue at delivery than before.

I think this is the way to go to be honest. Just shut the **** up about it and see what they do when you're picking up the car. If they don't honor the discount you start asking questions.

Unfortunately for me I've already asked them. They've made a case on the car and are waiting for some über-boss in the Netherlands to make a decision. Elon van der Musk.

My car arrives at my local service center on Monday and expected delivery is next Monday. I will let you know what happens as soon as I know.

Cage, thanks - that's interesting - pls do keep us posted.

Was your order in question, new or inventory? What was the level of discount you are disputing that they are not honoring?

Tesla has always maintained 'one price' for all customers, if you can gather evidence or details to the contrary that other people have enjoyed such discounts and you haven't, there will certainly be a case.

Good luck