Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting cruise control in model three

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah I didn’t know you could change the limit by touching the screen when driving…….I found it annoying that when you wanted to cruise at 60, the car accelerated to 70 and then having to quickly scroll down the limit using the wheel. And it would reset each time you cancel TACC or changed lane.

Ah I didn’t know you could change the limit by touching the screen when driving…….I found it annoying that when you wanted to cruise at 60, the car accelerated to 70 and then having to quickly scroll down the limit using the wheel. And it would reset each time you cancel TACC or changed lane.
There’s an option in the settings to either go to the speed limit or maintain current speed. I’ve set mine to current speed but by default its set to speed limit.

Reactions: SR-Plus
Could you clarify this please, do you mean double tap the stalk downwards?
A double tap will put you in auto pilot. If your settings for TACC are for current speed rather than speed limit, a short single tap will set TACC at the speed you’re doing. If you single tap and hold for a second or two, it will engage at the current speed limit. The same is true for auto pilot. Double tap but hold down on the second one.