Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting Headlight Angle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my left headlight replaced by a technician for the burnt out "eyebrow" light. Now I feel that the light is angled too far down, and driving at night gives me a pretty good spot of light about 10' off the nose of the car.

Anyone know how to adjust this? Or is it a "take in for service" issue?

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: woodychau
The headlights can be adjusted with a phillips head screwdriver. Remove the panels near / above the headlights and the adjustment screws should be visible, they are white in color. I just adjusted mine two weeks ago for better visibility, it’s very straightforward.

Had same issue. Replaced headlight but was pointing way too high which resulted in getting flashed at a lot. Had mobile ranger come and adjust and he showed me how to (which you now know). Does sound strange you can’t point them up higher. Wonder if they are not properly installed?

The headlights can be adjusted with a phillips head screwdriver. Remove the panels near / above the headlights and the adjustment screws should be visible, they are white in color. I just adjusted mine two weeks ago for better visibility, it’s very straightforward.
Every time I've ever "popped" panels off a car, in the door, under the hood, the battery cover, whatever...it never went back together right. Some little plastic tit broke off or a threaded hole wouldn't line up. They were clearly not made to be removed in the first place except in a shop with plenty of spare bits. I really want to adjust my high beams, which currently paste major light on the road about twenty feet in front of the car, but I'm nervous. Are the panels and their attachments robust enough to be popped off and popped back on without incident?

Every time I've ever "popped" panels off a car, in the door, under the hood, the battery cover, whatever...it never went back together right. Some little plastic tit broke off or a threaded hole wouldn't line up. They were clearly not made to be removed in the first place except in a shop with plenty of spare bits. I really want to adjust my high beams, which currently paste major light on the road about twenty feet in front of the car, but I'm nervous. Are the panels and their attachments robust enough to be popped off and popped back on without incident?
Yes. When I installed the bio Defense HEPA filter in my 2017 MS there were no issues removing or installing the panels