Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting the Parking / Hand / Emergency Brake?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I replaced the stock pads with Carbotech AX6 pads this weekend. Was pretty easy to do (thank you YouTube), and...I know everyone else already knows this but...wow, what a huge difference!

Only issue I've run into is the parking brake now has quite a bit more travel in it than I would like. It still bites, and holds the car, but the handle moves more than before.

Does anyone know where the adjustment for this is? Sometimes it's on the calipers, sometimes it's in the middle of the cable...under the car, sometimes the adjustment screw is built into the handle.

Rather than trying to find it, I figured I would ask first...save myself some Easter Egg hunting.

P.S. I did a forum search and didn't come up with anything, but I might have been using the wrong term. Is it a "parking" brake, an "emergency" brake, or a "hand" brake?

So, I replaced the stock pads with Carbotech AX6 pads this weekend. Was pretty easy to do (thank you YouTube), and...I know everyone else already knows this but...wow, what a huge difference!

Only issue I've run into is the parking brake now has quite a bit more travel in it than I would like. It still bites, and holds the car, but the handle moves more than before.

Does anyone know where the adjustment for this is? Sometimes it's on the calipers, sometimes it's in the middle of the cable...under the car, sometimes the adjustment screw is built into the handle.

Rather than trying to find it, I figured I would ask first...save myself some Easter Egg hunting.

P.S. I did a forum search and didn't come up with anything, but I might have been using the wrong term. Is it a "parking" brake, an "emergency" brake, or a "hand" brake?
Was the YouTube video or the Elise for the Tesla roadster? Link?