Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting the window height for hardtop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,

I've just acquired a short tail VX220 hardtop for my Roadster which fits very well in principle, however the window height is too low to compress against the respective left and right rubber seals. I see from the manual that Tesla state that height may need to be adjusted, but it should be done by a SC; rather than wait several months for a spot to come free at my "local" SC, I'd like to try myself to adjust the window height.

I can see and have been told there are two special screws at the front and rear of each door panel which provide adjustment, but over adjustment can result in said screws causing issues inside if tighten/loosened incorrectly.

Has anyone does this adjustment themselves, or can offer any guidance? Be happy to post a guide if of use, if I can manage this myself. :)

Ta, Mike

Hello folks,

I've just acquired a short tail VX220 hardtop for my Roadster which fits very well in principle, however the window height is too low to compress against the respective left and right rubber seals. I see from the manual that Tesla state that height may need to be adjusted, but it should be done by a SC; rather than wait several months for a spot to come free at my "local" SC, I'd like to try myself to adjust the window height.

I can see and have been told there are two special screws at the front and rear of each door panel which provide adjustment, but over adjustment can result in said screws causing issues inside if tighten/loosened incorrectly.

Has anyone does this adjustment themselves, or can offer any guidance? Be happy to post a guide if of use, if I can manage this myself. :)

Ta, Mike
Wait several months? I thought two weeks smack in the middle of December 2016 was bad, for my Model S at Seaside SC. Is this because (a) it is a Roadster, (b) it is UK, (c) also it is December, or (d) other?

I have no issues either with my carbon fiber top and soft top. No adjustment necessary. Perhaps it's a one time optimisation to find the sweet spot, so a one time thing? My car's original owner bought the hardtop with the car, so I am guessing it was all sorted at initial delivery.

Yup short tail, I now have some guidance on how to fit the hard top as per Tesla SC setup. Car is about to be wrapped, so I'll take a look at making the adjustments when I get it back.

Thanks for all the help folks :)

I found that you have to open the door panel to adjust the height of the window.

The screws that are visible and mentioned in the other linked thread only adjust in/out position of the glass

Attachments

• Door Glass - LH - Adjust.pdf
    51.8 KB · Views: 82