TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Adjusting Volume Wheel Drops Call

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Ditpixs, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Ditpixs

Ditpixs Member

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue:

I have the volume mapped to my left scroll wheel. When on a call, if I adjust the volume with the wheel it will drop/hang up the call. Using the screen works properly. I was suspicious of it thinking I pressed the button, but that is not the case as pressing that button is tied to the media player and not the phone app.

This only started after the 8.0 upgrade. Using an iPhone 7 Plus, although I doubt the phone matters.

Thanks!

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Android Galaxy S5 and S6edge here. Neither of them can replicate the call being dropped.

3. tgp1019

tgp1019 Member

It has happened to me on several occasions. I use iPhone 6+. Noticed this after I downloaded 8.0

4. mattonlife

mattonlife New Member

Same issue, happens every time with iPhone 7, iOS10 and Tesla Firmware 8.0 (2.36.108) in my Mode S. Drives me nuts :) Has anyone reported to Tesla?

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

Me too...but even worse, I am having BT issues with the audio of phone calls not routing through the Car audio. I have to disconnect and reconnect my iPhone 7, and sometimes also cycle the iPhone iOS10 BT off and on. PITA.

6. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

Had similar behavior on my Nexus 6p although it would do it sometimes on 7.1 also

7. M5Guy

M5Guy Member

Happens for me too. Currently version 8 and ios10 on 7 plus. Adjust volume, call disconnects. iOS 10 and v8 came out so close together, honestly can't tell you which one started the problem. Have not reports to Tesla yet, if it continues in the spring for annual service, will report then. Have just stopped using that during calls and use the touchscreen. Kind of annoying but not worth the 120 mile drive for me to Chicago service center...

8. gnxs

gnxs Member

I have the same issue with a Galaxy S7, but it seems to be only on calls I make, not incoming calls. I reported it to the service support e-mail yesterday and they promptly replied with some follow-up questions. Then yesterday afternoon out of the blue my Service Center in Villa Park, IL called and the tech who was pulling my car logs had a question or two. Haven't heard anything further, but it looks like Tesla got right on it and are looking into it.

9. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

I had a call drop on Monday right after adjusting volume. Need it to happen a couple more times in good coverage areas before I'm a believer

10. taurusking

taurusking Member

Happened to me since upgrading to v8. I have Samsung Galaxy S5. Never had any issues touching left scroll wheel and call disconnecting before.

11. Chas F

Chas F Model S 60kWh #P6396

Same issue here using iPhone 6S.

12. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

I've had it happen 5 times. HTC One M9.

13. dabbler

dabbler Member

Consistently drops calls for me using a LG android phone. I don't even have to adjust the volume. Glad to read that others are experiencing the same issue and have discovered a "work around" until the issue is resolved.

14. Gmoney12

Gmoney12 Member

Same issue here. Really annoying. Any fixes?

15. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Got an update to 2.44.130 Tuesday night and yesterday I adjusted the volume without the call dropping. Just one data point but it was positive!

• Like x 1
  16. bob_p

bob_p Member

Received the 130 update yesterday morning - and it disconnected me during a call.

The call isn't dropped - what happens is the Bluetooth connection to the phone is dropped - the call was still on my phone, requiring me to hold the phone to continue the call.

For obvious bugs like this, Tesla really should be acknowledging these bugs - and listing the major bugs fixed in each release - so we know what to expect - and what to report back as bugs to Tesla.

Do they think this was fixed in 130?

17. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Member

IIRC When this has happened to me in the past the car actually hangs up the call. It happens to me many mornings when I'm on a morning conference call walking out the door. I walk out to the car on speakerphone, open the trunk and put my stuff inside. Then I unlock the car so I can disengage the charging cable. Once the handles pop out the car Bluetooth connects to my phone. At that point the call is happening inside the car. I then open the door and before I get in the car I click the steering wheel button to mute my mic. When I do that the call ends.

18. Markk993

Markk993 Member

happened to me twice in a row this week... HTC M10...

Is there a fix in the works ?

19. SarahsDad

SarahsDad Member

Has happened to me 3 times in last few weeks. Scroll volume, call drops. iPhone 6. All 3 were received calls.

20. Atebit

Atebit Member

Yeah, well Agile doesn't work like that. Time spent documenting/tracking bugs takes time away from Tesla's ability to Continuously Inconvineince I mean Improve you.

• Dislike x 1