Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting Volume Wheel Drops Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue:

I have the volume mapped to my left scroll wheel. When on a call, if I adjust the volume with the wheel it will drop/hang up the call. Using the screen works properly. I was suspicious of it thinking I pressed the button, but that is not the case as pressing that button is tied to the media player and not the phone app.

This only started after the 8.0 upgrade. Using an iPhone 7 Plus, although I doubt the phone matters.

Thanks!

Reactions: N4HHE
Happens for me too. Currently version 8 and ios10 on 7 plus. Adjust volume, call disconnects. iOS 10 and v8 came out so close together, honestly can't tell you which one started the problem. Have not reports to Tesla yet, if it continues in the spring for annual service, will report then. Have just stopped using that during calls and use the touchscreen. Kind of annoying but not worth the 120 mile drive for me to Chicago service center...

Happens for me too. Currently version 8 and ios10 on 7 plus. Adjust volume, call disconnects. iOS 10 and v8 came out so close together, honestly can't tell you which one started the problem. Have not reports to Tesla yet, if it continues in the spring for annual service, will report then. Have just stopped using that during calls and use the touchscreen. Kind of annoying but not worth the 120 mile drive for me to Chicago service center...
I have the same issue with a Galaxy S7, but it seems to be only on calls I make, not incoming calls. I reported it to the service support e-mail yesterday and they promptly replied with some follow-up questions. Then yesterday afternoon out of the blue my Service Center in Villa Park, IL called and the tech who was pulling my car logs had a question or two. Haven't heard anything further, but it looks like Tesla got right on it and are looking into it.

Reactions: CatB
Received the 130 update yesterday morning - and it disconnected me during a call.

The call isn't dropped - what happens is the Bluetooth connection to the phone is dropped - the call was still on my phone, requiring me to hold the phone to continue the call.

For obvious bugs like this, Tesla really should be acknowledging these bugs - and listing the major bugs fixed in each release - so we know what to expect - and what to report back as bugs to Tesla.

Do they think this was fixed in 130?

IIRC When this has happened to me in the past the car actually hangs up the call. It happens to me many mornings when I'm on a morning conference call walking out the door. I walk out to the car on speakerphone, open the trunk and put my stuff inside. Then I unlock the car so I can disengage the charging cable. Once the handles pop out the car Bluetooth connects to my phone. At that point the call is happening inside the car. I then open the door and before I get in the car I click the steering wheel button to mute my mic. When I do that the call ends.

For obvious bugs like this, Tesla really should be acknowledging these bugs - and listing the major bugs fixed in each release - so we know what to expect - and what to report back as bugs to Tesla.

Yeah, well Agile doesn't work like that. Time spent documenting/tracking bugs takes time away from Tesla's ability to Continuously Inconvineince I mean Improve you.

• Disagree
Reactions: CLLACAB