Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting Volume Wheel Drops Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should add, all my calls were inbound that were via WebEx using the call me feature. Even though the situation I described was using the mute button on the steering wheel controls, I want to say that I have had it drop calls using the scroll wheel just adjusting volume too, just not as consistently

This happens to me every time on my iPhone 7 plus. Started with the last Tesla upgrade. Interestingly, if you get another call from the same number after you disconnect them, the wheel works fine. A real bug and very frustrating.

Ive had this issue at least two or three dozen times since updating to 8.0... Very annoying. Iphone 6s plus woth ios 9, in my short 4 minute drive to work it seems like it only happens on first call but if i call someone back it doesnt happen. First call in a car it is pretty much guaranteed to drop if i touch the left wheel.

I should add, all my calls were inbound that were via WebEx using the call me feature. Even though the situation I described was using the mute button on the steering wheel controls, I want to say that I have had it drop calls using the scroll wheel just adjusting volume too, just not as consistently
This continued to happen to me, so I called Tesla and they say it's a "known bug" that they are working on.

The software update introduced a few new bugs.
-Dropping calls when adjusting the volume wheel.
-Internet radio stations mysteriously changing by themselves
-Dropping internet stream and the busy symbol going round and round.
Service says it is happening on all models with 8.0 installed. Not very good PR for someone who just had a car delivered.
And yes, they say that they are working on a fix.

same here the phone drops after changing the volume. I am using iOS 10 and both iPhone six and eight . But there are more issues introduced with software v8 like the car thinking I am making a call when entering the car. I am really not happy with v8, especially with the icons disappearing at the top, fader settings lost constantly, ugly icons at the top and the erratic opening of the apps sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Seriously Tesla get your act together, you can do better!

Still happening to me - dropped calls a dozen times in the last 2 weeks, both incoming and outgoing, just by touching the scroll wheel. Thought I'd outsmarted it by using up arrow on touchscreen but today dropped a call using that too

Me too. Haven't tried since 2.52.20, afraid to touch volume during call. It doesn't always disconnect, I have a theory if one rolls the volume DOWN first then UP works.

Lately Slacker often can't play more than a couple songs on Classic Rock before, "LOADING ERROR". Selecting another Slacker channel clears the error and allows one to return to Classic Rock.