Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adopt A Local Charger. Help Fellow Tesla Owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to help out other Tesla Owners? Promote your local area? Then Adopt A Local Charger!

The biggest, only really, downside we’ve found to travel by Supercharger is what to do while charging. Where are the best places to eat (or avoid)? Nice place to take a walk? Great coffee place to do a bit of laptop work for an hour? Good or unique shopping?

If you live near a charger or are familiar with the area nearby one then please consider writing a review or two in Chargerville.

Chargerville

To add or update a place like a café or store, please send an email to [email protected] and we’ll make sure it’s added/updated in Factual and then in Chargerville.

Plugshare is focused on the charger itself and primarily on it works or doesn't work.

Chargerville is focused on where the charger is and what is nearby — where to eat, get a good cappuccino, take a walk, shop, etc. Is the charger in a place where some people might be uncomfortable at night? Is walking to a restaurant from the charger a death defying experience? Better to drop passengers off somewhere while you go charge? Get a quick charge at charger A and full charge at the next one that has places to hang out that are more to your liking? Do we eat lunch here or the next one?

Reactions: OBX John
Great idea. This is needed information and usually difficult to find. I typically comb the threads on TMC or plugshare and search the area on google maps/street view to assess some of these walk-ability issues etc with limited luck. Knowing the amenities nearby is nice especially when you have passengers (kids!).

Thanks for the link. Reading through superchargers I am familiar with, several of the reviews there are short on detail. It also does not include other chargers/destination chargers.
I like Chargerville's interface/setup, hopefully folks use it and improve the database. It is frustrating when planning a road trip how you need to go to so many different sites to find the information you need.

Tesla would do well to comb through its database and weed out the incorrect 'alternative charging' or 'public charging' that it sometimes includes in its supercharging descriptions. I remember one SuperCharger in Kansas that shows a 'public charging' location in Indiana. A lot of help that will do if/when that particular Supercharger has issues.
Thanks for the link. Reading through superchargers I am familiar with, several of the reviews there are short on detail. It also does not include other chargers/destination chargers.
I like Chargerville's interface/setup, hopefully folks use it and improve the database. It is frustrating when planning a road trip how you need to go to so many different sites to find the information you need.

Tesla would do well to comb through its database and weed out the incorrect 'alternative charging' or 'public charging' that it sometimes includes in its supercharging descriptions. I remember one SuperCharger in Kansas that shows a 'public charging' location in Indiana. A lot of help that will do if/when that particular Supercharger has issues.
Agree. Chargerville currently gets this info from Tesla and it is not user editable in Chargerville. We're doing a bit of restructuring of the database to allow for much easier and faster user editing of amenities and charger info like nearby alternative chargers.

Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date amenities database was proving difficult, partly due to legal issues with Google and Factual along with a cumbersome and long process for changes by both. We think we've got good solution coming.

Thanks to everyone who've been adding reviews and for the compliments. The more reviews we have the more useful it becomes for all of us.