Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adroid Apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where can i download some android apps for my Tesla. I am most interested in different kinds of tracking and maybe calculations of power consumed over time and estimations if that is available. I have seen Remote S but i can't seem to find a place to download an Android version of it that looks trustworthy and doesn't ask for my credit card number for validation.

Are there other android apps out there that are good other than the official one from Tesla? Does remote S have an Android version and if so where can i find it? thanks.

Having tried a great many apps, I can say with a fair degree of certainty that there really aren't any Android apps worth bothering with other than the official Tesla one.

There are many that have shown some promise, but almost all of them want a lot of money, and don't actually offer any more features than what Tesla themselves offer. Additionally there's the issue that you are literally handing both the location of your car, and the keys themselves, to an unknown party.

I'd love to see a good Android app, but nobody so far has built one worth bothering with.

I use AutoAlly daily... or rather, I use one specific widget it includes, "Turn Heat On". One tap on my home screen now gets my car warm, no longer do I need to wait for the Tesla app to (maybe) launch.
Green1 has a point about security/privacy... make up your own mind on that one.

I use AutoAlly daily... or rather, I use one specific widget it includes, "Turn Heat On". One tap on my home screen now gets my car warm, no longer do I need to wait for the Tesla app to (maybe) launch.
That was my big need as well. I ended up scripting my server to handle it for me, now I can send a command to my server by voice control to my Android Wear watch and the server handles the rest. It's made things far more convenient, but it's not exactly a solution for everyone.

That was my big need as well. I ended up scripting my server to handle it for me, now I can send a command to my server by voice control to my Android Wear watch and the server handles the rest. It's made things far more convenient, but it's not exactly a solution for everyone.
Ha, I had done exactly the same thing (well, same end result, I'm sure we took different approaches). And it worked... but having an app do it was just more convenient in the end (and also quicker to get to the car).

Ha, I had done exactly the same thing (well, same end result, I'm sure we took different approaches). And it worked... but having an app do it was just more convenient in the end (and also quicker to get to the car).
I could just as easily do it with a web button on my phone's home screen, but honestly, compared to voice control on my watch, it just seems too clunky.

I use Dashboard for Tesla, mostly because of camper mode and the cabin temperature protection features. I imagine Tesla's stock app will eventually have this functionality, but right now it doesn't. I also use T Widget so I can quickly glance at my phone and see a widget displaying my current charge percent.