Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ADV10 MV2 - 20 inches wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if you're up for this much reading, but it started with a couple posts on M3Post where one guys had cracks in his ADV wheels. Then an Audi owner found the thread and posted how his wheels had persistent vibration even after sending the wheels back from Japan a few times and changing out the tires a couple times. He took the wheel apart and found ADV had drilled holes for a different wheel than his, and tried to use the same wheel face for his wheels by drilling MORE holes into it. He discovered this after he paid for the wheels to be taken apart. ADV then tried to sell it off as weight savings, but any idiot can see it's dangers to have so little metal next to a fastener/screw that holds the wheel together.

This is ADV.1's quality...

Then it gets really good in a post I started that had NOTHING to do with ADV. I just posted that one should only buy JWLVIA and/or TUV certified wheels. ADV jumps in and says they are TUV certified, and posts a piece of paper that is NOT for TUV certification. They then stall and make up excuses like they don't want to post high resolution scans of the TUV certification because others companies can copy it. There's a lot of excuses back and forth, but on page 10, BAM. Lon at HRE (no longer there, so it's posted as HRE+Mickey) on post 202 posts high resolution images of their TUV certification for all to see.

This is why I will only buy JWL certified wheels.

ADV tries to respond by posting some paperwork showing certification (NOT TUV), and it turns out they're testing the wheels for less weight than they should given the car the wheels are made for; so of course it's going to pass the "certification" tests.

In addition to the above, ADV's are ANCHORS for wheels. They're all REALLY heavy. This forum is obviously very sensitive to unsprung weight, and it just make no sense to even consider these wheels based on weight alone.

Not sure if you're up for this much reading, but it started with a couple posts on M3Post where one guys had cracks in his ADV wheels. Then an Audi owner found the thread and posted how his wheels had persistent vibration even after sending the wheels back from Japan a few times and changing out the tires a couple times. He took the wheel apart and found ADV had drilled holes for a different wheel than his, and tried to use the same wheel face for his wheels by drilling MORE holes into it. He discovered this after he paid for the wheels to be taken apart. ADV then tried to sell it off as weight savings, but any idiot can see it's dangers to have so little metal next to a fastener/screw that holds the wheel together.

Then it gets really good in a post I started that had NOTHING to do with ADV. I just posted that one should only buy JWLVIA and/or TUV certified wheels. ADV jumps in and says they are TUV certified, and posts a piece of paper that is NOT for TUV certification. They then stall and make up excuses like they don't want to post high resolution scans of the TUV certification because others companies can copy it. There's a lot of excuses back and forth, but on page 10, BAM. Lon at HRE (no longer there, so it's posted as HRE+Mickey) on post 202 posts high resolution images of their TUV certification for all to see.

ADV tries to respond by posting some paperwork showing certification (NOT TUV), and it turns out they're testing the wheels for less weight than they should given the car the wheels are made for; so of course it's going to pass the "certification" tests.

In addition to the above, ADV's are ANCHORS for wheels. They're all REALLY heavy. This forum is obviously very sensitive to unsprung weight, and it just make no sense to even consider these wheels based on weight alone.

oh wow, that is interesting...thanks for letting me know..

Thanks for the link. I definitely did not have popcorn ready for this marathon but I will save it to finish for later.