Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Summon in parking lot

cabbie

Sep 13, 2018
Missouri
Has anyone tried Advanced Summon in a parking lot with one way lanes with angled parking? I am assuming that I will have to park so the car will back out and be headed in the direction it will need to go. Love my M3! gets smarter all the time.

DirtyT3sla

Apr 17, 2019
Holly
I'm learning that using the target is the best practice. Set the target where you want the car to go, and check the path it maps. It IS going to take that path...now it won't run into anything, but if the path is extra stupid, prepare for the car to get stuck. If it's a good path, the summon should work pretty flawlessly if not a little slow with some (seemingly) random braking.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier

cabbie

Sep 13, 2018
Missouri
I'm learning that using the target is the best practice. Set the target where you want the car to go, and check the path it maps. It IS going to take that path...now it won't run into anything, but if the path is extra stupid, prepare for the car to get stuck. If it's a good path, the summon should work pretty flawlessly if not a little slow with some (seemingly) random braking.
Thanks DirtT3sla I just need a little courage to try it out.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla

DirtyT3sla

Apr 17, 2019
Holly
Thanks DirtT3sla I just need a little courage to try it out.

Go to an empty parking lot and play with it there. If it's too crowded, it's not worth it to use it. I plan to make a smart summon tips and etiquette video. This is an awesome tool when used the right way.

Here's a video of me using it in a few instances

Need

Nov 22, 2017
SoCal
Has anyone tried Advanced Summon in a parking lot with one way lanes with angled parking? I am assuming that I will have to park so the car will back out and be headed in the direction it will need to go. Love my M3! gets smarter all the time.

While I have not tried that, I don't think it is that "smart". My guess is that it will probably go the "wrong way" if that's where it needs to go. We tried it once yesterday at work parking lot. The car pull in across 2 empty handicap parking spots.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah

Great advice, and I love your YouTube channel. It has rapidly become one of my favorite Tesla related channels.

if the path is extra stupid
:D:D:D:D

• Love
Reactions: DirtyT3sla

Needsdecaf

Dec 16, 2018
The Woodlands, TX
From my experience, the car is only looking for other cars, curbs and people. It's not looking at striping or lanes whatsoever. When I summoned it across my work parking lot, it drove straight across three aisles of cars to me. And not straight either.

Reactions: cabbie

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC