Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice: 2014 MS P85+ (used from tesla.com)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I snagged a 2014 P85+ (no AP) with about 78K miles on Tesla last night for $27K. We currently own a raven MX and was looking to add another Tesla without breaking the bank.

What do you guys think of this deal and reliability of the older model? I wish this had the AP1 to qualify for unicorn but this seems great on paper. It comes with 2 yrs/22K miles warranty as well and perhaps I'll sell it in about 2 years:)

Appreciate it! Spec attached.

Amit

upload_2020-5-5_8-6-46.png

Reactions: blodg1
Does it have the Gen2 seats? The original seats suck, imo. Ask about the drive unit. Has it been replaced and if yes how many times? Chances are the humming noise will come back. Check the service history. Chances are one or more of the issues (if any?) will come back. My 2013 P85+ has been back for repair 20+ times over five years. All warranty and goodwill but you don't want the constant hassle.

I should be picking it up next week. Ended up being 32K after transport and CA taxes. I called my local SC and they were able to look into the history - no major issues except leaky sunroof few years back and car had a yearly inspection done.
SC is not important to me but still debating on what to do with this one!

Reactions: blodg1