Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Advice] Electric Plug installation in condominiums (Ontario)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was recommended to post here in this regard from the Charging + Battery thread since it was more specific to Canada (Ontario), but I am hoping someone with previous experience / legal knowledge of condominium law in Ontario can help.
Currently in the process of purchasing a condo (conditional offer - all conditions waived, except for a condition I put in the offer regarding receiving preliminary approval from the board in writing). All board members are on board except for an older, ex-lawyer who is refusing to allow any modification to the condo electrical panel because "he doesn't like the technology".
I have offered to sign a CEMA (common element modification agreement), indemnify the condo of all damages, cover the cost of installation, and install a check meter to monitor my use of hydro (so I can reimburse the condo). Yet regardless of all this, the one member isn't budging.
My understanding is the decision does not need to be unanimous to approve a CEMA, however there is a definite risk for me here if I decide to close on the property without getting over this hurdle.
Has anyone had any similar experiences and / or advice they can share? I'm especially curious what are my legal rights here. I.e. can I sue the condo once I become an owner for the board not acting reasonably, etc.

I cannot answer the question whether you can sue or not.
I don't like it, (or I like it) is not a rational answer. He probably know he has the power and regressively abused it. Does it required all board members to pass it or a majority?
All 4 members in y condo board had no objections to pass it. However I have to sign this "Alteration Agreement" similar to the CEMA you mentioned, and I have to pay the lawyer to draft this up which will cost an extra $1000-$2000. Do you know if you have to be responsible for this fee?