TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Advice for Arriving at Model X 9/29 Reveal

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Superloud, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Superloud

Superloud Member

Hi All,

This will be my first Tesla event. I live close by. There's nothing really stopping me from showing up really early.
    So I'm just wondering, is there any benefit to showing up extra early? Are these things usually standing room only events where if you get there late (aka on time) you're way at the back trying to barely see/hear?
    Or is it reasonable to assume that if the invite says to be there by 7:30, that if you simply plan for traffic, and get there a bit before 7:30, that you'll have a good experience?

thanks!

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

#2 Tam, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    1) Best parking spot. But if it's vallet, then that doesn't matter.
    2) Best spot next to stage. But that means you can't move around and meet people then it may not worth it. You can be far from stage but there are huge monitors, so being near does not matter in that regard.

If there's a drive test, there was a hierarchy so checking in first doesn't mean you get it first.
    Prepare to wait for hours for the main event.

3. Phil Seastrand

What do I need to bring to prove I'm on the list? Should I print a copy of the invite confirmation or will they check names against some list?

4. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Just drop your pants and show then the Tesla tattoo. Usually works for me.

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Probably not a bad idea but having the email on your phone and your ID should be enough.

6. engle

engle Member

At the Model S Beta Ride Event at the Tesla Factory in October 2011, they had people looking up our names on an iPad. We were given a badge on a lanyard to wear. I also brought a printout of my invite confirmation to show them just in case. I don't know what happened at the "D" event, since I was unable to attend.

Model S Beta Ride Event Badge Front.jpg Model S Beta Ride Event Badge Back.jpg

7. Phil Seastrand

Thanks everyone!

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

doubled.png