Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for Summer Tires in Europe 245/45R19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to create yet another post on tires but I only seem to find threads about US tire models.
In the old continent the offer is quite different and I don't seem to find (at least in Belgium, where I live) any trace of all the hyped models like Bridgestone Quiettracks, Primacy MXM4 and Yokohama Avid Ascend being the protagonist of several threads on TMC.

What I'm looking for is (obviously I'd say) quiet and efficient tires for my S75D. I'm ok to spend a bit more so the pricetag is not really a factor here, as long as it remains reasonable.

Don't be fooled by the timing of my request, I am looking for summer tires advices as at the end of the season one can better evaluate how the tires performed. Also this gives me some time to check the price trend to be able to get my new train when it's cheapest.

The premium models available mainstream in Europe are:
- Bridgestone Turanza T005
- Pirelli PZero
- Michelin Pilot Sport 3
- Michelin Primacy 3
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
- Goodyear EfficientGrip ROF

Note that I excluded less efficient or noisier tires.
Thanks for your help!

Sorry to create yet another post on tires but I only seem to find threads about US tire models.
In the old continent the offer is quite different and I don't seem to find (at least in Belgium, where I live) any trace of all the hyped models like Bridgestone Quiettracks, Primacy MXM4 and Yokohama Avid Ascend being the protagonist of several threads on TMC.

What I'm looking for is (obviously I'd say) quiet and efficient tires for my S75D. I'm ok to spend a bit more so the pricetag is not really a factor here, as long as it remains reasonable.

Don't be fooled by the timing of my request, I am looking for summer tires advices as at the end of the season one can better evaluate how the tires performed. Also this gives me some time to check the price trend to be able to get my new train when it's cheapest.

The premium models available mainstream in Europe are:
- Bridgestone Turanza T005
- Pirelli PZero
- Michelin Pilot Sport 3
- Michelin Primacy 3
- Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
- Goodyear EfficientGrip ROF

Note that I excluded less efficient or noisier tires.
Thanks for your help!

Ah! I have the exact same issue.
I'm also deciding which tires to buy for my S85 and the info on TMC is always about tires that are sold in the US but not in Europe.

So far i think i narrowed my choice to
- Pirelli PZero
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4
- Michelin Primacy 3

All XL, with acoustic "foam", B tag for consumption and A for efficiency in the rain.
Both the PS4 and PZero are recommend for the Audis

Anyone want to chime in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dario_75D
Ah! I have the exact same issue.
I'm also deciding which tires to buy for my S85 and the info on TMC is always about tires that are sold in the US but not in Europe.

So far i think i narrowed my choice to
- Pirelli PZero
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4
- Michelin Primacy 3

All XL, with acoustic "foam", B tag for consumption and A for efficiency in the rain.
Both the PS4 and PZero are recommend for the Audis

Anyone want to chime in?

After 6 months and one pandemic, I dare to ask again for some opinion :)

I am quite happy with the Michelin PS4 - much quieter than the previous PS3 - in fact, better in this regard than the R2 winter tires (!).
Grip is excellent and in terms of efficiency they are definitely ok (I’d typically run at the rated 200Wh/km with my p85d).

I lived in Germany for 10 years. U have to buy minimum Z or Y rating, 300 km rated. I have Bridgestone Ponteza. They are hard, and great over 100mph. I have found they hydroplane at high speeds in the rain. I had a deTomaso in Germany, I burn thru Perrellis every year. In Europe it's fun to go 260+ km everyday, i miss it so much. I also learned in Europe to have 2 sets of tires. Winter Oct till April, winter M&S . High speed hard tires for summer.

Reactions: Dario_75D
If I stick to the criteria of low efficiency and low noise, the best choice seems to be the Michelin Primacy 3 with the acoustic foam.
They are rated: efficiency: B - rain: A - noise: 69 dB.

The Pilot sport 4 acoustic are rated C - A - 72.
I couldn't find anything better than the Primacy 3 (Primacy 4 does not exist for the 245/45R19 102Y MICHELIN Pneus Auto 245 45 19 102 Y).
I'm not sure whether these indicators are important but it's the only ground I can hold onto.

Plus, I'd favour efficiency over performance.

I hit enter to fast, there is video of the announcement at European auto show. Goodyear development just for EVs. U can find it.

Attachments

• 502350-e1520518271682 (1).jpg
    502350-e1520518271682 (1).jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 100