Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice needed for charging install in Chicago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I've ordered my Model Y, and have been in a discussion for nearly two months with my building's management company (relaying info to the condo board). I rent in an ~15-unit condo building in downtown Chicago, and there's currently no available option in the building's garage for charging. After finally getting them to agree on bringing out an electrician (that I had to pay for) to make an assessment on installing the proper infrastructure (additional wiring, meter box, outlet, etc.) for a 240V outlet, the condo board came back and said they won't approve the budget. The total quote was around $2400, which I even offered to pay upfront and be reimbursed, but they won't approve.

I have two main questions:
  1. Are there any tax/rebate incentives in Illinois that can be applied here? I've seen random info, but nothing concrete that I could take to them to show the cost is much less.
  2. Do I have any tenant rights that I could use to try and force their hand a bit? I know some states/cities have them, but I'm not sure about Chicago.
Thanks so much for any and all help here!

Last edited: