Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice needed: Interior door trim damaged/melted after window tint job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow this thread came back to life out of nowhere. I unfortunately don't really have any update. It is clear what happened, and they denied it. At that point I let it go and decided there were bigger hills to die on. I did get a quote from Tesla to replace it and it was about $900. I didn't do it then, decided to wait until later. 3 months later, I honestly don't even think about it any more. As I said in one of my previous posts, I am planning on keeping the car 5+ years, so who knows by then how much it will affect the resale value. If it were on the driver side, I probably would have gotten it done right away, seeing it every time I get in the car.

Reactions: Velcade
This sucks. I find it hard to believe they didn’t notice the damage while they cleaned the glass to prep before film.

I am going to video or take “before” photos of every door when I drop my car off for window tint. Sorry this happened to you. Usually good shops mask off and put plastic covers on the door panel to avoid drips and probably to protect the interior from excess heat too. Doesn’t sound like this shop does that or new guy skipped a step.

Reactions: Hexo09
Getting a used door card is like $400. (I think they are like $600 from Tesla, but I could be remembering wrong.)
In my experience, these door panels can be quite expensive. I had a small indent in my rear passenger door from some items I was taking to the dump and called Tesla to get an estimate. They quoted just over $900 CDN installed, so I declined.

Attachments

• Tesla rear door damage.JPG
    Tesla rear door damage.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 185