Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed: I've order a MY but what are next steps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, All - I'm looking for a little advice. I ordered my Model Y in October. I got a Tesla confirmation email with a RN number. What happens next? At some point will I receive a Tesla email about payment/delivery etc or do I need to actively do something? I see people referring to a Tesla Account when referring to their order. I don't have one (to my knowledge).

Any clarity would be appreciate.

Andrew

Hi, All - I'm looking for a little advice.
I ordered my Model Y in October. I got a Tesla confirmation email with a RN number. What happens next?
At some point will I receive a Tesla email about payment/delivery etc or do I need to actively do something?
I see people referring to a Tesla Account when referring to their order. I don't have one (to my knowledge).

Andrew
Since you made a reservation you should have a Tesla Account and be be able to log in using your e-mail as user name.

Beside providing car insurance and driver licence, payment must be made in full before delivery,
So getting a counter check or a wired transfer from your bank will be the final step,
but this take few days, so better to contact your bank in advance.

Otherwise, work on getting a Wall Charger installed, or NEMA plug if you plan using your portable charger.

Last edited:
Hi, All - I'm looking for a little advice. I ordered my Model Y in October. I got a Tesla confirmation email with a RN number. What happens next? At some point will I receive a Tesla email about payment/delivery etc or do I need to actively do something? I see people referring to a Tesla Account when referring to their order. I don't have one (to my knowledge).

Andrew
If you log into Tesla's site, you can create an account using the email address that the confirmation email was sent to. You will then be able to see your reservation online.
View attachment 503486

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-23_8-38-51.png
    upload_2020-1-23_8-38-51.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 91
And to answer the other side of your question--other than getting the account set up (good idea to do now, as you'll need it when it's time to complete the purchase), there's nothing you need to do. When your turn in the queue is approaching, Tesla will contact you to get the ball rolling on financing/trade-in plans, scheduling, etc.

Make sure you set aside time to actively fret and obsess about every Tesla related accessory and gadget you might want.
i already did start that LOL. though most of the stuff i was looking at was officially for M3 right now. i saw a nice qi charger, some logo door lamps, a sound deadening liner for the frunk, and not specifically for the tesla but also might get one of the generic HUD's out there.

Last edited:
i already did start that LOL. though most of the stuff i was looking at was officially for M3 right now. i saw a nice qi charger, some logo door lamps, a sound deadening liner for the frunk, and not specifically for the tesla but also might get one of the generic HUD's out there.
Pre-ordered late last Wednesday and doing the same : D very exciting although I know I'm way late in line. Super exciting! Congrats : D

Pre-ordered late last Wednesday and doing the same : D very exciting although I know I'm way late in line. Super exciting! Congrats : D
likewise congrats to you. i'm playing an easy game. i only decided to order last week too when the early delivery dates leaked. i am driving a leased mercedes e300 that is good until June, so i'm OK not being first. and my dirty little secret is that i have this beauty in the garage if i need to wait a few extra weeks. i traded my 87 Avanti for this 840 several years ago.
stein bmw.jpg