Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed on audio repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm a long-time Tesla owner but first time poster on these boards. Thank you in advance! I have a somewhat long question to ask.

I have a 2017 Model 3. It was recently victimized in a smash and grab, and after that audio in the car started working intermittently. I am not sure what the glass breaking had to do with it, but possibly some wires got loose or jostled.

I took it to the Tesla Repair Center, and they are saying the overhead console needs replacing. The quote from the repair center is "The sound system wiring run across the headliner from the front to the back. We found that the issue is due to a faulty wire in the over head console area. The connection is very intermittent. When the technician is wiggling the wire in the over head console, it would work intermittently."

Do people agree this warrants a console replacement? The strange thing is it seemed to be working fine before the window break-in. Is there no way for Tesla or another audio technician to wire the car properly and get the vehicle fixed?
The estimate for the console replacement is $1135, so I'm just trying to do my diligence before agreeing to the replacement. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.