Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed: Respray or Touch Up Paint?

Touch Up or Respray

• Do DIY Touch Up w/ Tesla Touch Up Paint

• Opt for the Panel Respray

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a Model 3 but I wanted to get the opinion of Tesla owners in general and what they would do in this situation...

Wanted to get your opinion guys, posted a week or so ago in regards to the poor condition of the delivered vehicle. After hearing everybody's advice, at the end of the day, I decided to just keep the vehicle (tomorrow is my 7th day). I just didn't want to go through the headache of returning a vehicle and dealing with all the fuss. Plus, I trust my delivery adviser Zach (hopefully its not a mistake!). Spoke to them today and said that the parts are still in transit and will call once they arrive.
The hood and front bumper supposedly is a simple replacement part and does not involve having to respray anything.

My question to you guys is, the two rear panels that have the three small paint chips/pitting, would you guys elect for the respray or just ask for free touch up paint?
According to Zach, he mentioned that to fix it it would require the panels to be removed and repainted. He also mentioned that this would be outsourced to a "Tesla Approved" body shop (Kenwood Collision Center in MD). From what I read, the general consensus is that a body shop rarely can match the factory paint quality/attributes.
My biggest concern is if left alone that the chip will get larger and larger.

What do you guys think?

Imgur

The original thread to the damages:
New 3PD. Issues: Paint pits, paint drips, front hood gouges, door sill scratches, no frunk mat

My Model 3 Performance was delivered with multiple paint defects and had several sections resprayed. This was performed by a Tesla Approved body shop. I was happy with their work and the color match was excellent. I thought they would use touch up paint also, but that wasn't the case. My car had a lot of sand or dirt embedded in the paint along with several long and deep scratches.

The worst part for me was having to wait 2.5 months for the next available appointment.

This is a Model 3 but I wanted to get the opinion of Tesla owners in general and what they would do in this situation...

Wanted to get your opinion guys, posted a week or so ago in regards to the poor condition of the delivered vehicle. After hearing everybody's advice, at the end of the day, I decided to just keep the vehicle (tomorrow is my 7th day). I just didn't want to go through the headache of returning a vehicle and dealing with all the fuss. Plus, I trust my delivery adviser Zach (hopefully its not a mistake!). Spoke to them today and said that the parts are still in transit and will call once they arrive.
The hood and front bumper supposedly is a simple replacement part and does not involve having to respray anything.

My question to you guys is, the two rear panels that have the three small paint chips/pitting, would you guys elect for the respray or just ask for free touch up paint?
According to Zach, he mentioned that to fix it it would require the panels to be removed and repainted. He also mentioned that this would be outsourced to a "Tesla Approved" body shop (Kenwood Collision Center in MD). From what I read, the general consensus is that a body shop rarely can match the factory paint quality/attributes.
My biggest concern is if left alone that the chip will get larger and larger.

What do you guys think?

Imgur

The original thread to the damages:
New 3PD. Issues: Paint pits, paint drips, front hood gouges, door sill scratches, no frunk mat

Hi.

Pls check my post.

Check the fit & finish topic.