TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Advice on Cleaning Textile Seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Apoclyps, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Argh. so I committed the cardinal sin of spilling a fast food soft drink all over my passenger seat. All I had were napkins and I was nowhere close to home. So I wiped up what I could and by the time I got home, the liquid was all dried up from being out in the sun.

got most of the sticky stuff off of the faux leather. but how do you clean the fabric areas? I am sure sugary crap got down into the cushions so any way to clean?

I ended up getting one of those wet vacuums and using the upholstery attachment. I doubt that will get down into the cushions.

How have others cleaned the textile seats?

thx.

2. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

Tough to extract liquid from the foam material of the seat.

You can however clean the fabric with a great cleaner called autoglym interior shampoo...stop by and pick up a bottle.

Spray directly to textile, lightly agitate with soft bristle brush, then wipe with mf towel. Repeat until your towel is clean after wiping

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

4. Modelxvin1365

Modelxvin1365 Member

I think your best bet is an automotive interior and detail center . Get a price quote from MULTIPLE DETAILERS and use your good judgment and resolve to determine which location is ideal :cool: