Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on connecting to this dang Android App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i had no problems for weeks connecting until the past 2-3 days, which i cannot connect. im stuck on the "waking the car" and spinning icon. i have closed/killed out the app and opened it again, which previously worked. still spinning icon. what can i try next?

Car is set to "always on" for connection, and has been.

Last edited:
I've had this problem as well. I'm not sure it's always an app problem.

However, many time it is an app issue, and killing it does help. Go to SETTINGS > Apps > Tesla > Force Stop. It may look slightly different depending upon your version of Android.

ea743f477aea123867889f4aa3892b9d.jpg

57438915c0daf8dd4ed674b9596433e9.jpg

5c517cf0c2fa1f0facdedc93984d8ad8.jpg

I brought this up with Tesla, and they investigated the specific times I was unable to connect. Per their report, during all times they lost contact with the car as well, which does suggest a 3G problem or some other issue with the firmware/hardware. (The car was out in the open and in an area of good reception.)

Yes, it happened often when the signal was okay but the car just lost 3G connection after sitting for awhile. Removing the USB stick from the USB port would eliminate this problem(discussed somewhere in another thread too).
I brought this up with Tesla, and they investigated the specific times I was unable to connect. Per their report, during all times they lost contact with the car as well, which does suggest a 3G problem or some other issue with the firmware/hardware. (The car was out in the open and in an area of good reception.)

I believe it's the android app for sure. I'll try to connect on android app, and get nothing but spinning, I then go to the iPad and it connects instantly. I have found recently I need to "x" out of the app (not force stop) and reopen app and it works on second try. Annoying to say the least.