TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Advice on connecting to this dang Android App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jlucero, Sep 6, 2015.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

#1 jlucero, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    i had no problems for weeks connecting until the past 2-3 days, which i cannot connect. im stuck on the "waking the car" and spinning icon. i have closed/killed out the app and opened it again, which previously worked. still spinning icon. what can i try next?

Car is set to "always on" for connection, and has been.

2. Matias

Matias Active Member

#2 Matias, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Killing the app usually works for me.
    Maybe a network issue?

3. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I've had this problem as well. I'm not sure it's always an app problem.

However, many time it is an app issue, and killing it does help. Go to SETTINGS > Apps > Tesla > Force Stop. It may look slightly different depending upon your version of Android.

ea743f477aea123867889f4aa3892b9d.jpg

57438915c0daf8dd4ed674b9596433e9.jpg

5c517cf0c2fa1f0facdedc93984d8ad8.jpg

4. Phil K

Phil K Member

When I cannot connect, most of time it's the car's 3G problem and I need to reboot the touchscreen.

5. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I brought this up with Tesla, and they investigated the specific times I was unable to connect. Per their report, during all times they lost contact with the car as well, which does suggest a 3G problem or some other issue with the firmware/hardware. (The car was out in the open and in an area of good reception.)

6. Phil K

Phil K Member

Yes, it happened often when the signal was okay but the car just lost 3G connection after sitting for awhile. Removing the USB stick from the USB port would eliminate this problem(discussed somewhere in another thread too).

7. jlucero

jlucero Member

so i fixed the problem by unplugging the yellow fuse in the frunk for 3 min....nothing else worked but that...rebooted many times, killed app, etc, nothing worked but the fuse!

thanks all!

8. ricsan50

ricsan50 Member

I believe it's the android app for sure. I'll try to connect on android app, and get nothing but spinning, I then go to the iPad and it connects instantly. I have found recently I need to "x" out of the app (not force stop) and reopen app and it works on second try. Annoying to say the least.