TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Advice on offset for Model S winter wheel?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by midnightblues, Dec 31, 2019.

1. midnightblues

midnightblues Member

Hi All -

I'm ordering a tire rack)set of winter wheels/tires for the Model S - have selected the bridgestone blizzaks for the tires, and am looking for some advice on the best offset for the wheels. Am planning on going with a square set of 20x8.5s and the options seem to be an offset of 35 or 30.

Would the 35s look too 'sunk in' or recessed (more than stock? - I have the 21inch sonic carbon turbines).

Any advice on which offset to go for would be much appreciated, and if anyone has any tire rack favorite winter wheels, please do share!

Thanks very much, and happy new year to all!

2. Catbiscuits

Catbiscuits Member

I'd love to hear more about this as I'm taking delivery of my Model S on Friday and two weeks later I'm headed up into the wilds of upstate New York.

3. Prachatice

Prachatice Member

I also have the 21" Tesla wheels and the snow tires for those were outrageously priced. For a little bit less, I was able to get 20" wheels and Sottozeros balanced and ready to go from Tire Rack. Couldn't be happier. The car is a tank in the snow! 2015 P90DL. 245/40R20. Below are pics.

Attached Files:

4. ElectricTravel

https://www.willtheyfit.com is ideal for these kinds of questions.

Just put in the specs of the original Tesla wheels (get them from The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide) and the wheels and tires that you're considering, and it will show you the exact difference in every dimension.

5. SixtyPilot

SixtyPilot Member

Those look great! Im kicking myself now for buying the a set of the Tesla 19s for winter tires.