Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice On Ordering USB HUB Tesla Won't Sell Me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
I've been going back and forth with the service chat about trying to get the USB C / USB A front USB hub (1522264-00-B) to retrofit into my 2018 M3. They keep closing my request and saying they can't sell an item that wasn't originally configure with the vehicle. Anyone have a similar issue and found a solution?

Hi Everyone,
I've been going back and forth with the service chat about trying to get the USB C / USB A front USB hub (1522264-00-B) to retrofit into my 2018 M3. They keep closing my request and saying they can't sell an item that wasn't originally configure with the vehicle. Anyone have a similar issue and found a solution?
That part is listed as: "Over-the-Counter(No VIN)"
Just tell them you're buying it for a friend or something.....

They can sell it.

• Helpful
Reactions: trisk
Update 2: Ok tried again and finally they agreed. Going in today to get the part as they have it in stock. Had to keep saying its over the counter no vin and had to bring up examples of how other items in the EPC like the performance spoiler that don't match my build, but can be purchased over the counter. Took a total of around 4-5 days of back and forth messaging. I feel a migraine coming on.

Reactions: tm1v2
Do you have right to repair laws in your state? So even if the vehicle was 7 years old you would have to go to Tesla and have it repaired? What a bunch of crap.
The whole situation was pretty annoying. It should have been simple as I send in a message and they inform me the part is available and to come pick it up. Instead they gave me a run around and canceled my request left and right until I finally convinced them to sell me the part. That's the issue with owning a Tesla. If you need a part and tesla isn't willing to sell it to you you basically have to go to a salvage yard or ebay (parts likely came from salvaged vehicle). Never had a issue with my Toyota. If i need something my dealership was happy to sell anything in their parts inventory.

The whole situation was pretty annoying. It should have been simple as I send in a message and they inform me the part is available and to come pick it up. Instead they gave me a run around and canceled my request left and right until I finally convinced them to sell me the part. That's the issue with owning a Tesla. If you need a part and tesla isn't willing to sell it to you you basically have to go to a salvage yard or ebay (parts likely came from salvaged vehicle). Never had a issue with my Toyota. If i need something my dealership was happy to sell anything in their parts inventory.

Honestly 90% of the problem is Tesla is incredibly bad at communication and internal documentation/training on process.

This isn't a part "Tesla" wont' sell you.

Their public parts catalog explicitly says they WILL sell it without a VIN even.

But individual service centers somehow don't know or understand how any of this works.

Seen tons of reports where someone with multiple SCs in driving distance get different answers of selling parts.

For a legacy car company with independent dealers that might make sense.

For Tesla, where all SCs are Tesla owned, that's incompetence.

Reactions: MCIVSTX
Honestly 90% of the problem is Tesla is incredibly bad at communication and internal documentation/training on process.

This isn't a part "Tesla" wont' sell you.

Their public parts catalog explicitly says they WILL sell it without a VIN even.

But individual service centers somehow don't know or understand how any of this works.

Seen tons of reports where someone with multiple SCs in driving distance get different answers of selling parts.

For a legacy car company with independent dealers that might make sense.

For Tesla, where all SCs are Tesla owned, that's incompetence.
This makes a lot of sense when I look back on the whole interaction. Once I got to the service center they immediately knew what I wanted and got it to be within 10 minutes. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the service individuals answering service messages only handle scheduling and don't really interact with the department dealing with ordering parts. Wished there was a online portal where I could just order them or see if my SC has the item in stock.

I had the same issue with the same service center, different Over-the-Counter(No VIN) part. Had to text them a screenshot from epc.tesla.com with the OTC verbiage highlighted. That finally worked. Sadly the burden falls on the customer to look up and prove what they can easily look up themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2