TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Advice on purchase of cpo model s

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keithb, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Keithb

Keithb New Member

Noob here. As a lease on my wife's car gets ready to expire we decided to purchase a Model S. Took her for a test drive and that sealed the deal!

Looking at 2014/15 w/ autopilot, less than 50k miles to capture 4/50 warranty. I prefer the glass roof as well as the 85 KW, so far have not been able to perfectly match up all of my wants, but I've gotten pretty close and could be happy with one that is available. Any significant difference between the S70 and the S85, other than range? Is the autopilot software as seamless an effortless with the 2014/15 as with the newest model? I ask because when I test drove a new model the trainee sales associate mentioned the older versions of autopilot are a bit jerky. Unfortunately he also gave me the wrong information regarding the CPO warranty, but that's another story.

Thanks,

Keith

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

AP1 is solid I drove for 50k miles on it no issues ...in a AP2.5 car now ...it finally is getting equal to what my AP1 car performed ..check Tesla-info for CPO available they show more ...70 to 85 ...I would go with the 85 battery