Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

advice on returning a lease and getting a new x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My lease 2021 X is coming to an end in October, Tesla has now a feature in the app to assign an order to a lease and return a lease and get the new car on the same day.
My question to you all is, Tesla told me I can return my lease today without any penalty and get into a new 2023 X lease. Should I do it or wait for October when 2024 will come out but .... is the price going to increase? do we expect any changes between 2024 and 2023?

what do you think?
Today they offer a discount on the price of the new Plad as I configured it on the site it comes out to 110K and they offer it to me for 108K (NEW not demo) with 3 years of free supercharging and waive any lease return fees.

Hi,

My lease 2021 X is coming to an end in October, Tesla has now a feature in the app to assign an order to a lease and return a lease and get the new car on the same day.
My question to you all is, Tesla told me I can return my lease today without any penalty and get into a new 2023 X lease. Should I do it or wait for October when 2024 will come out but .... is the price going to increase? do we expect any changes between 2024 and 2023?

what do you think?
Today they offer a discount on the price of the new Plad as I configured it on the site it comes out to 110K and they offer it to me for 108K (NEW not demo) with 3 years of free supercharging and waive any lease return fees.

Tesla's prices can go up and down daily. Thus, it isn't easy to make a prediction. If you think you can afford the current price, then that's the price you'll get.

Significant changes have been made, like HW4. I suspect there will be minor changes in between.

Pros:
$2,000 discount per your calculation
Enjoy a new car now instead of 5 months later.

Cons:
Software for HW4 is not catching up just yet: Still missing summons, Park Assist, and FSD beta... Enjoy those while you can count on older Teslas while waiting for HW4 to catch up. Who knows, it might get some more function by October.

Otherwise, there's no emergency to switch early while you still do fine with the older Tesla.

Reactions: Sonus
Hi,

what do you think?
Lease return fees do not necessarily include your outstanding monthly payments, they are just the return fees after the lease is paid. Are you SURE you can just give them the car back without paying off your lease, or adding the remaining balance, to the purchase price of the new car? If so, that is one heck of a deal!

I leased my first Tesla. It is a major pain to get out of their leases early.

Lease return fees do not necessarily include your outstanding monthly payments, they are just the return fees after the lease is paid. Are you SURE you can just give them the car back without paying off your lease, or adding the remaining balance, to the purchase price of the new car? If so, that is one heck of a deal!

I leased my first Tesla. It is a major pain to get out of their leases early.
Yes, i am sure, I just need to return the car to get out of the lease.

Hi,

what do you think?
Hi,

I came across this post a little late, so I am curious what you ended up doing. I am considering returning my lease early and wondering what incentives they offer to stay with Tesla.

Hi,

I came across this post a little late, so I am curious what you ended up doing. I am considering returning my lease early and wondering what incentives they offer to stay with Tesla.
It is all here: