Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on selling 2016 90D with FUSC, Premium Connectivity and CPO Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally getting close to picking up a 2022 Model X so need advice on pricing my 2016 Model X 90D.
KBB indicates value of $63k-$69K but that doesn’t take into account free unlimited supercharging, free unlimited premium connectivity and more than a year left on CPO warranty (Dec 2023). Any thoughts on the value of these features?

2DF263DF-5206-45A9-BBBF-AA0CD5EAF799.png

I would a nominal value on FUSC, unless you find a buyer who will use it every day. In my experience, there aren't too many of those around. I'd value premium connectivity to $3-400, 3-4 years of usage. CPO, I'd value at about $1K. Are there any accidents on record, how is it cosmetically inside and outside, is it a 5, 6 or 7 seater? How well did the range hold up? These, IMO, would affect the value much more than the FUSC, premium connectivity or the warranty.

That KBB estimate is higher than what you should expect… you don’t mention 5, 6, or 7 seat configuration which would result in a small variation in price. Realistically, the price range for non-P, non-AP2/3, MCU1, high mileage X is mid 50k’s..

Reactions: bhorn
Finally getting close to picking up a 2022 Model X so need advice on pricing my 2016 Model X 90D.
KBB indicates value of $63k-$69K but that doesn’t take into account free unlimited supercharging, free unlimited premium connectivity and more than a year left on CPO warranty (Dec 2023). Any thoughts on the value of these features?
Did you ask Tesla for a trade-in quote? Very easy to do on the website and simply uses uploaded photos. Their offers are generally decent, and reduce your sales tax.

I clicked on this thread as I'm also looking to sell my 2016 MX in the near future and curious what others would have to say. I also have the 4 year used vehicle warranty, although I have less than 1000 miles left before it expires.

I'm particularly interested in your statement regarding FUSC as I have that as well. My memory is that it was only applicable to us and did not transfer, although I can't prove it. I seem to remember a thread that said to call Tesla and ask what the SC number was, and that would indicate if it was transferrable. Maybe I'll do that once I get closer to listing my vehicle.

I clicked on this thread as I'm also looking to sell my 2016 MX in the near future and curious what others would have to say. I also have the 4 year used vehicle warranty, although I have less than 1000 miles left before it expires.

I'm particularly interested in your statement regarding FUSC as I have that as well. My memory is that it was only applicable to us and did not transfer, although I can't prove it. I seem to remember a thread that said to call Tesla and ask what the SC number was, and that would indicate if it was transferrable. Maybe I'll do that once I get closer to listing my vehicle.
SC01 designates transferable FUSC. I believe SC04 is not transferable FUSC.

Go to ev-cop.com and click on ‘option code lookup’ (in green color , left column). Input your vin.
I have a cpo with non transferring supercharging. It is listed as SC05
I have had the VIN look-up actually be wrong. The best way is to log on to your Tesla account. Click Magage. Right click on your cars picture and click Copy Image Link. Paste the link in a new window. Within the link address is your official option codes. Using this method mine reads SCO1. Using the VIN look up on third party sites read it differently. Can't remeber, but I think it was SC04 OR 05.

More info about supercharger codes and if it is transferable and how to find out here:
Tesla Supercharging FAQ
  • SC01: The car has unlimited free supercharging enabled and this is transferable to the next owner via a private sale. This can only occur on cars registered before April 2017 but not all cars will have it.
  • SC04: The car has supercharging enabled but you pay for each charge. Any referral miles will give you a credit towards the supercharging cost.
  • SC05: The car has unlimited free supercharging currently enabled but this is not transferable to the next owner and the car will revert to SC04 following a sale. This can be on any car but is most common on cars from April 2017 and still registered to the first owner.

How many miles are left on the warranty? I also have a year left but only 900 miles, so that would be priced differently than say 5k miles left.

I'm thinking in my case, my warranty is maybe worth $1k. It gives someone peace of mind that they can take it in to Tesla, pay to have them inspect it, and all warranty items would be replaced free of charge. Everything is perfect warranty-wise with my vehicle, but buyers never believe that line.

I think FUSC is an easy $1k-3k upsell depending on your buyer and their intended use.