Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on SSR GTX01

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys I have a quick question, I am looking at a used set of GTx01 in the size of 19x9.5 +35 that were on a G35. I believe the size should fit but we’re there any tesla specific specs I need to worry about? Bore size ? Lug holes? Also this set comes with 255/ 40 pilot sport as tires. A little on the taller side for me but wonder if they will work for now. I have a lowered m3p with mpp sport coilovers with spacers currently. Thanks again.

Hey Tej, you're fine. The GTX01 is the exact part # I helped to promote for SSR. The tire is a bit on the tall side but it should work for the model 3. Just both them on and you'll be ok. I would advise some aftermarket lugnuts that use a 19mm socket though.

g35 center bore appears to be 66.1mm, so, the fact that these were on a G35 does not guarantee a fit.
It's quite likely that the wheels themselves have some 71-72mm bore though.
What kind of spacers do you have?

I have a couple of sets of JDM wheels with small holes, and a 14mm bolt DOES clear them, but it is not a guarantee. Ask the seller to measure the lug holes.
And you'll want different lug nuts, where the 60-degree conical seat begins right at the tip, w/o losing any width. Otherwise the width of area of contact between the lug nuts and the wheel will be kinda narrow.

g35 center bore appears to be 66.1mm, so, the fact that these were on a G35 does not guarantee a fit.
It's quite likely that the wheels themselves have some 71-72mm bore though.
What kind of spacers do you have?

I have a couple of sets of JDM wheels with small holes, and a 14mm bolt DOES clear them, but it is not a guarantee. Ask the seller to measure the lug holes.
And you'll want different lug nuts, where the 60-degree conical seat begins right at the tip, w/o losing any width. Otherwise the width of area of contact between the lug nuts and the wheel will be kinda narrow.
The SSR GTX01 is a 73mm centerbore. These wheels were never made to be hub centric to the chassis. If they have the Nissan hub rings he can remove them and purchase new ones to be Tesla specific.

Hey Tej, you're fine. The GTX01 is the exact part # I helped to promote for SSR. The tire is a bit on the tall side but it should work for the model 3. Just both them on and you'll be ok. I would advise some aftermarket lugnuts that use a 19mm socket though.
Thanks! I did pick them up so now will need to find some hubcentric rings and lugs.