Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice please: TST 20" or Axis MS 20"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

New P90DL owner looking to replace the 19" Slipstreams and Michelin Pilot Sports that came on the car with 20" turbine lookalikes. I have searched thoroughly and haven't seen a definitive comparison of these two brands. The Axis are over $1,000 cheaper on Tirerack than the TSTs on the TSportline site, both with the same Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 tires mounted with TPMS sensors.

Any thoughts on which is better? Or, are there issues with the Axis that justify the wide price difference? I have read the threads on the back "pocket" of the wheel being required to allow room for the disc retaining bolt. Do both of these wheels have the pocket?

Thanks for the help!

I have no ideal what you are talking about with respect to the mounting issues and pockets for the disc retaining bolt. All I know is that I have the Axis 20" on my MS for my winter set and have had no issues with them last season.

@kebel21 both do have pockets on the mounting pad.

Guess the question you have to ask yourself, do you want to have the closest look of a 21" turbine or a wheel that just has a turbine style design. I've always installed aftermarket wheels on all my cars, and the Axis MS just isn't the same lookwise as a TST. It is a great alternative at a much lower price point, but Night and day to me with regards to that oe looking touch.

T SPORTLINE TST in Metallic Grey
deep-metalic-blue-tesla-model-s-metallic-grey-20-inch-wheels-tst-02.jpg

AXIS MS in Machined/Black Accent
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.21.21 PM.png

@kebel21 both do have pockets on the mounting pad.

Guess the question you have to ask yourself, do you want to have the closest look of a 21" turbine or a wheel that just has a turbine style design. I've always installed aftermarket wheels on all my cars, and the Axis MS just isn't the same lookwise as a TST. It is a great alternative at a much lower price point, but Night and day to me with regards to that oe looking touch.

Thank you very much for the info. I was actually thinking of this Axis MS wheel which looks similar to the TST and Tesla turbine.

image.jpeg

Any thoughts on quality of Axis vs. TSportline?