Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I was advised by tesla milton keynes to buy through a mobility aid company. I am indeed a pensioner with heart and mobility problems but it will be driven mostly by my wife.

The company claim it was delivered to them but with a wrong reg number not recognised by DVLA and now we know vision does not work I need to reject the car. The company that have my money refuse to do anything and Tesla completely ignore me. Cops are not helping.

Can anyone advise please.?

The problem is, in essence, a civil matter. The police will only be interested in the driver if the registration plate is incorrect and the car driven.

The registration is clearly a mistake and is one that has happened before with Tesla. Whilst frustrating, it is a mistake that is capable of remedy (relatively easily).

You might want to be clear which (if any) of the below apply:

• The car is not fit for purpose;
  • The car is defective/faulty;
  • The car was mis-sold;
  • You’ve just decided you don’t want the car.
You might be looking at distance selling; credit act; consumer rights act; or none of these, depending on the answer.

Is the car leased, or financed via PCP/PCH? Did you buy it online, or in person?

Good source of information:

I had a car with the wrong reg on once. Complained, company fixed it and was all sorted. I wonder how many speeding tickets I got away with……

When you say vision doesn’t work? I assume “Tesla vision”? If you prove that and it’s upheld as a reason for rejection, it will lead to may other cases and teslas downfall - IMO. There are many for and against comments all over the web so think you will struggle with that as a reason. Mine works very well in most scenarios, the user manual covers issues it may have and that is its main downfall. My very best of luck to you.

Police have better things to do given their dwindling number and increased crime rates in this country. It’s a civil matter at the end of the day. Your plate is a simple fix, the vision issue - good luck winning that. 👍🏻