Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice re possible sale of 2021 Model X Long Range Plus w 21k miles, black/black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I'm a new member. I'm taking delivery this month of my new 2022 MX Long Range, and am considering selling my existing 2021 MX Long Range Plus (black/black). My 2021 has only 21k miles, has had both of its half shafts updated to the latest so it is buttery smooth. The original stated range was 371 miles, now at full charge says 368 miles. The car had its bumper replaced after someone cracked it accidentally - it is perfectly repaired with Tesla factory bumper. The interior is perfect.

A couple questions:
1) What would be the best way to find a buyer for the car? I am in Central Florida.
2) What price would be reasonable for a sale in a week or two? Should I require an all cash purchase? (I have no loan, own the car outright).

Any other advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
RK22

Thanks. The Tesla trade in value I received is probably $20k below market value. The Tesla rep acknowledged this and said better to use a 3rd party.
You might want to resubmit. They reevaluate trade in values monthly. Recently it has increased a lot. Last July (2021) I was quoted roughy 70,500 for my 2018. Which was about even with other wholesale offers. Since I am waiting in line with everybody else, I just left it listed on the site. Now I am being quoted 79,500 and the car has 12,000 more miles on the clock! Go figure. Plus, in my state you only pay sales tax on the net difference. So that means add another ~$5,600. To be even, I would have to sell my car (2018 100D with 50,000 miles) for $86,000. THAT is not happening.

You can do it yourself on the web site, you’ll need to take a bunch of pictures, outside and inside. Submit them, and within a day or few, they will give you a quote. You can decide to accept it or not.

When I sold my old 2011 Camaro after taking delivery of my new Tesla, I looked up Carvana, Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, and Carmax.com.
Here is a summary of my experience.

Carvana: Gave me an instant offer of ~11k after I took a few minutes of filling out information about the car. Fast and convenient, but lower offer than what I could get with Carmax.com or on Facebook Marketplace with decent pictures and some back and forth messages.

Ebay: Has good exposure, but takes a fee. I opted to not use eBay.

Carmax.com: Same process as Carvana but gave a better offer. 12k

Facebook Marketplace: Had to upload pictures and deal with a bunch of messages, a few offers of 12k within days. I decided I wasn't going to go lower than 13k and ended up selling for 13k in less than a week. Didn't cost me anything other than my time and effort. Had the person come to my house, check out the car, let her drive around the block with me in the passenger seat. Came back to pick up the car with cash the next day.

As far as finding a price for the car, I just scoured the internet(KBB, Nada, etc.) searching on Google for the exact same used car that I was selling and saw what kind of prices they were asking. I took the average and adjusted according to the condition and options of my car.
Lots of sites give pretty accurate range of prices for your model/year/condition of the car, so if you spend about 30 minutes or an hour searching online, you can get a pretty good idea for what your car is selling for. Searching eBay for the same car sold listings was a good help for me.