TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

[advice] Rubber seal repair + seat repair

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by adaboost, Apr 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. adaboost

adaboost Member

Anyone run into any issues with their rubber seals degrading and potentially causing more wind noise? There is a rubber seal on the upper driver side windshield that is deteriorating, not sure what the options are to replace the piece (do they even carry these in stock?), or some quick rubber/super glue fix that can withstand the window rubbing directly against it.

Separately, wondering what people have done once their seat starts to develop cracks/tears. I.e. is it preferred to have the original seat reupholstered, or are people retrofitting elise seats into their roadsters :) If the latter, do you lose the ability to have seat warmers?

Both small nitpicks but curious how to deal with it in case they get worse

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

I had some wear marks on my seats repaired. Not sure if yours can. Look for automotive upholstery repair or restoration.

• Like x 1
  3. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

I had some door seals replaced last year to reduce wind noise. They can still be obtained.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

And they are the same as the Lotus.

• Informative x 1