Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice to Elon: When to Stick to the Point

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of us have been grimaced and pained by Elon's comments yesterday. I'm a long term bull, and Elon's comments objectively were uncalled for. However, there are some lessons to be learned, some laughs to be had, and LOTS to look forward to in the next few months.

First, some humorous advice for Elon. Bill Burr has a comedy bit about how women argue (excuse the comedic sexism, it's more like how irrational people argue and how to fight back and the parallels are HILARIOUS).

This is pretty much the exact situation that happened. The shorts and trolls have the tide moving against them, and said something untrue that hit Elon where it hurts (PR stunt comment). Elon, like a human, overreacted and called him names, and now the crocodile tears are flowing from the other side.

But listen to Bill, Elon, because unlike two weeks ago, WE HAVE THE POINTS ALL ON OUR SIDE NOW :). What are those points you may ask?
1) Elon, you've got a beloved car that is receiving overwhelming praise by your customers (I have yet to see a single regular customer buy the car and talk negatively about it)
2) Elon, THIS QUARTER Tesla will hit a revenue run-rate of $20B - $25B. That number will continue to grow, and dwarf the $10B in debt we have (most of which is non-recourse, convertible, and stretched over 10 years). With the billions in operating cash flow we are about to generate, the bear thesis is about to evaporate.
3) Elon, YOU'VE GOT PRODUCTION HUMMING! 5K will be fully stable this quarter, and we'll get to 6K soon. This is a huge achievement
4) Elon, the highly satisfied customers will continue to be evangelists for the product and the brand. The only thing that could stop them are the twitter rants
5) The Tesla team is as motivated and united as ever to move forward and kick ass. Don't make it about you, truly make it about them

To Elon, I say that we love you, know you always have the best intentions, and forgive you for the mistake you made. To my fellow TMCers, I say cut Elon some slack as he is only human, breath a little as this will blow over and we've got the points on our side, and let's remind ourselves that the next few months will be an amazing time for us.

And to all of us, as Bill Burr said best, STICK TO THE GODDAMN POINT WHEN WE HAVE IT IN OUR FAVOR :)