Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice - Used Model 3, which?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know decision is up to me, but it would helpful to get some insights from some of you.

1. 2021 M3P, FSD, white on white 15k miles - $64k OTD - warranty, dealer,
2. 2018 M3P, FSD, MSM on white, 45k miles - $55k OTD - warranty until Feb 2023, private
3. 2018 M3P, FSD, black on black, 20k miles - $59k OTD - no warranty, private

Intent here is to style it up with tint and lowering springs, so nothing too craxy, but do want FSD. Techie here.

Checked used Tesla inventory, and prices are similar to above.

Leaning toward #1.

I'd rent a similar M3 for a weekend from Turo or the like and determine if you absolutely need FSD on day one, as that feature is obviously going to impact the cost in a significant way. I also wouldn't buy a pre-refresh car - not for those prices.

I'm on my fourth Tesla, and one thing I've learned is that I'd only consider adding FSD to a car after I've lived with it for a while and determined that it's a keeper.

Reactions: tm1v2
I know decision is up to me, but it would helpful to get some insights from some of you.

1. 2021 M3P, FSD, white on white 15k miles - $64k OTD - warranty, dealer,
2. 2018 M3P, FSD, MSM on white, 45k miles - $55k OTD - warranty until Feb 2023, private
3. 2018 M3P, FSD, black on black, 20k miles - $59k OTD - no warranty, private

Intent here is to style it up with tint and lowering springs, so nothing too craxy, but do want FSD. Techie here.

Checked used Tesla inventory, and prices are similar to above.

Leaning toward #1.
At the stated prices, I would go a get a new car. Savings are not worth the bother and reduced warranty coverage.
Spec the build to EXACTLY your liking.

I'm an early adopter for all tech, but FSD is a waste of money, and AP is way too flakey to be of use for 80+% of my driving.

YMMV,
a

Reactions: house9
I also would repeat what others have said about FSD. I'm a techie, but will not pay the price for what you get. I've been saying this for years. Even back when I was saying it, people were way too optimistic saying it will be great in a year or two...well those years went by and it's still not worth the money for what you get. I think the months where you think you'd use it, just pay the $199 for that month's use. Much better use of money.