Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Wanted: Best way to cover carbon fiber pieces?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey TMC, I bought carbon fiber side skirts that I want to have color-matched to my M3 that's solid black. CF isn't really my style and the dilemma was they didn't offer the side skirts in any other finish. Should I paint over these CF aftermarket parts or is it best to wrap it? What would you recommend?

ninte-carbon-fiber-side-skirts-for-tesla-model-3_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

While it some might say it's a shame to cover beautiful carbon fiber, you should be 100% happy with your car. Color matching them should look great IMHO, so go what you want. If you can get matching wrap, that would rock as you can easily remove if you just want a change down the road. If not, paint will look beautiful.

While it some might say it's a shame to cover beautiful carbon fiber, you should be 100% happy with your car. Color matching them should look great IMHO, so go what you want. If you can get matching wrap, that would rock as you can easily remove if you just want a change down the road. If not, paint will look beautiful.
Thank you, I’m leaning towards the wrap for that reason. I hope I can find a good color match on the market. If anyone reading this has any recommendations on vinyl wrap that matches solid black, please let me know! 🙂