Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice wanted. Car arrives tonight. Should i take 230 mile trip tomorrow.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that is extremely helpful...I was using the KOA site, and they don't happen to have any sites along I-76. Definitely bookmarking Allstays.com! There are several 50A spots right along the route, I will check on their availability for my trip next week. Thanks jomo25!
Glad it helped! I credit Evan (efusco) with the AllStays suggestion. He posted it here: iPhone Charger Locator Apps other options - Page 2 Checked it out and I never knew there were so many potential 50A outlets available along the highways in AZ. And the ones I'm looking at actually look like they have things to do that will help pass the time. I found one right in the middle (155 mi) from my place in PHX to Vegas (and it's at elevation so will be bearable in the summer). Seeing all these gives me more confidence in sticking with the 60kWh+SC capability.
JakeP--If you have an iPhone, the Allstays app is great. You can search RV parks by 50 amp chargers and get locations and contact info and all kinds of other good stuff on the fly. I got it already in anticipation of my car and it seems really useful for road trips. just an FYI. I have no connection to Allstays.

Cheers.
Yeah, I downloaded the wrong app last night (the AllStays Hotel one that cost $0.99). I was hesitant to download another until I made sure I knew which to get. But once I get my car (still at least 3 months away), I'll make sure I do get the right one. Til then, I can track them on my Mac.

The adapter is not in the special bag with the rest of them. I did not see a "due bill" yet. Just a receiving slip from the from the delivery guy.

Much the same situation for me I also have yet to see my due bill but I have been told that it was passed on to the Chicago service center. I am waiting to see if it comes with all the completed paper work for registering the car but I am unsure of when that will show up.

Glad it helped! I credit Evan (efusco) with the AllStays suggestion. He posted it here: iPhone Charger Locator Apps other options - Page 2 Checked it out and I never knew there were so many potential 50A outlets available along the highways in AZ. And the ones I'm looking at actually look like they have things to do that will help pass the time. I found one right in the middle (155 mi) from my place in PHX to Vegas (and it's at elevation so will be bearable in the summer). Seeing all these gives me more confidence in sticking with the 60kWh+SC capability.

Yes I had been using the Recargo app that EFusco also mentioned, and that does show some additional charging spots that I didn't see elsewhere. But still there is a noticeable gap between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, which is also where any DC/Baltimore traffic to Pittsburgh would travel. I mentioned this to Ownership Experience, and suggested Breezewood (junction of I-70 and I-76) as an ideal Supercharger location...I will be very interested to see where the Superchargers land in this neck of the woods.

I don't think the OP would go all the way up to I-80, he would probably go I-70 to I-76. I still haven't called the other state parks today. But his best bet would have been a few of the Nissan dealerships, and without a J1772 he was SOL.

i say take the trip if you don't mind driving slow and finding a place to recharge while there.

bigger point though is that this will all be very easy if there were superchargers every 100-150 miles on each interstate...would become a nonissue (and they're free to use!!!!)