Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice wanted on replacing air filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to get the thing replaced. I had to sit upside-down in the passenger seat, with the seat fully reclined, my head in the footwell and my feet at the top of the seat. For a few seconds after I got the cover off, I was concerned I wouldn't be able to extricate myself, but I managed. I didn't want to revisit that position after swapping the filters out, so the cover isn't very well secured. I've ordered the Abstract Ocean magnetic cover, and I figure I can survive a loose cover for a few days until it arrives.

I managed to get the thing replaced. I had to sit upside-down in the passenger seat, with the seat fully reclined, my head in the footwell and my feet at the top of the seat. For a few seconds after I got the cover off, I was concerned I wouldn't be able to extricate myself, but I managed. I didn't want to revisit that position after swapping the filters out, so the cover isn't very well secured. I've ordered the Abstract Ocean magnetic cover, and I figure I can survive a loose cover for a few days until it arrives.
I have it in orange so easy to see. It holds tight because the magnet is strong. The factory black cover attaches to it and the magnet uses the T20 screw to stick to so you just put the screw back in the hole so don't lose it. I can now change filters on my knees outside the car.