Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advise needed. Cannot take delivery right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original order was supposed to be delivered in May 2023 but got advanced a few months back and today I received a "Final Payment is now ready" email. Haven't got the VIN yet but it says delivery between Jan 9 - 16, 2023
My work circumstances have changed and I will be unable to take delivery for at least 3 months.

What are my options, other than to cancel my order and lose the deposit? Is there any way it can be delayed by 3 months or more? My SA did not respond to my request for hold.
MYLR, White exterior, black interior, 7 seat, EAP. Rest all default.

Most you can delay is a day or two. You can take your chances and ask when they schedule your delivery. They might allow you to lose your vin and go back into the queue for the next available but due to demand, you may be matched again in a few weeks. Just lose your deposit and reorder when you are ready. If your work situation changed, I wouldn't force it.

Reactions: WyoDude and xcyber
My original order was supposed to be delivered in May 2023 but got advanced a few months back and today I received a "Final Payment is now ready" email. Haven't got the VIN yet but it says delivery between Jan 9 - 16, 2023
My work circumstances have changed and I will be unable to take delivery for at least 3 months.

What are my options, other than to cancel my order and lose the deposit? Is there any way it can be delayed by 3 months or more? My SA did not respond to my request for hold.
MYLR, White exterior, black interior, 7 seat, EAP. Rest all default.
Reply back on the text message. That should be your SA and without providing details just let them know that you need to push this back to your original estimated timeline of May 2023 and see what they say.

Reply back on the text message. That should be your SA and without providing details just let them know that you need to push this back to your original estimated timeline of May 2023 and see what they say.
This. Back in November when I got assigned a VIN they allowed me to put my order on hold until the lower bound of my original estimated delivery date.

Apparently my original delivery date had a range of January to May (SA told me, I do not remember). He called me, was very accomodating, and has put it on hold for 2 more months. Hats off! Hope I am ready then.

He did put in a caveat - If I ignore an automated notification to take it off hold any time, EVEN before the hold date, the order will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited. Let's see.

He also confirmed Tesla will not allow me to transfer the reservation to someone else (at the invoice cost - no markup), so that option is off the table.

Apparently my original delivery date had a range of January to May (SA told me, I do not remember). He called me, was very accomodating, and has put it on hold for 2 more months. Hats off! Hope I am ready then.

He did put in a caveat - If I ignore an automated notification to take it off hold any time, EVEN before the hold date, the order will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited. Let's see.

He also confirmed Tesla will not allow me to transfer the reservation to someone else (at the invoice cost - no markup), so that option is off the table.
Best of luck to you. Hoping everything works out.

My Model Yis on hold until Jan 31. I will be on vacation for the whole month of Feb in Florida and asked that my delivery date be March 1 in NY. They said they could only do one 7 day hold. Is that true. What is an SA? I can’t get a live person to talk to me. If I cancelled and ordered again now when would I get the car and would I still be eligible for tax credit in March?