Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AEB by end of week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have an issue using ACC at a certain curve nearby where lots of cars are parked, at different angles to the road, along the roads edge and mannn does it freak the car out. Everytime the Tesla will do a random assortment of: hit the breaks, speed up, slam on breaks, creep along, speed up then slow down. I assume the Tesla senses the parked cars as potential collisions. Guess, I'll be adding AEB to the assortment soon.

I thought I'd get this update early by stopping by a TSC and connecting to their wifi, but both locations I stopped at had the Tesla Service wifi access point turned off. The guest network was visible and other smaller APs could be found. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but they didn't seem to want folks connecting to the shop network yesterday afternoon.

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
Another case of Tesla overpromising/misleading and underdelivering?

I guess they could have released the entire EAP suite in December 2016, just stick a 1 mph speed limit on it.

Also points to CR getting this right instead of falling for later revisionism:

AEB had been touted as a standard feature on these newer models, and the automaker had originally said it would be in place by the end of 2016.

Yes, Tesla actually said that. Not expected, not planned, not AP1 parity or listed as speedlimited or some such nonsense, AEB was generally said to be available in December 2016.